Why are my monitors grey/blurry on white background???

Hey guys!

So recently I ordered 2 monitors (cause I couldn't test them in any shop) and I couldn't decide between them. Bought them off ebay are claimed to be used only for 3 days on Dreamhack. It is an official shop selling these, a lot cheaper than the MSRP.

One of them is: Asus rog swift PG27V, 165hz 27" 1440p monitor, gsync TN PANEL

The other one: Asus rog strix XG32V, 144hz 31,5" 1440p monitor, vsync VA Panel

My GPU is nvidia obviously, but right now I think I'll stick to the larger one vsync.

However I noticed a weird thing, whenever I open the browser, and I am on a completely white page, the monitor seems like it's dirty, but IT'S definitely NOT. Both monitors do this shit, and I don't know how to get rid of these very ugly grey dirty stains, or whatever they are. I am really not sure why am I experiencing this. I hope the pictures below can actually show what I'm talking about. I know it's not 100 percent cause it's taken with my phone, but it's still visible. It is not noticable in games or anything, just on white backgrounds, at least for now. I would like to know what is this, so I know to send back both (if they are really faulty) or just one, if this is normal and I can get rid of it.

THEY ARE NOT FULL GREY, as they appear in the picture, there are just a lot of little grey dots or w/e.

HELP ME PLEASE! IT'S VERY UGLY!

37038456_1924587604292506_5159500116255571968_n.jpg

37052687_1924587634292503_3734271178206871552_n.jpg

37088844_1924587584292508_6410136374569074688_n.jpg

Hi Kranolf,

Sorry to ask but what kind of connection/cable are you using?

And is there scaling involved from Windows 10?

Extra Info:

Dark spots or patches may occasionally appear on some LCD panels. This clouding phenomenon is recognized in the industry as yogore or mura. A Japanese term for "unevenness." This term is used to describe a low contrast, irregular pattern or region that causes uneven screen uniformity under certain conditions. Mura is a result of the deterioration of the liquid crystal (LC) alignment layer; most commonly caused by long term operation under high ambient temperatures.

so  this could also be the case At Dreamhack.

The only thing you can do ( IF it is the Mura effect) is to send it back.

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

Could be bad displayport (or dvi) conection/cable.

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

9 minutes ago, Peskanova said:

Could be bad displayport (or dvi) conection/cable.

23 minutes ago, FastRDust said:

Hi Kranolf,

Extra Info:

Dark spots or patches may occasionally appear on some LCD panels. This clouding phenomenon is recognized in the industry as yogore or mura. A Japanese term for "unevenness." This term is used to describe a low contrast, irregular pattern or region that causes uneven screen uniformity under certain conditions. Mura is a result of the deterioration of the liquid crystal (LC) alignment layer; most commonly caused by long term operation under high ambient temperatures.

I'm using the DP cables which came with the monitor. (one is mini DP, the other monitor has a regular DP)

Is it still possible that everything is fine except the white backgrounds?

2 minutes ago, Kranolf said:

I'm using the DP cables which came with the monitor. (one is mini DP, the other monitor has a regular DP)

Is it still possible that everything is fine except the white backgrounds?

If your using the DP cable this couldn't be an issue unless it uses an RGB Signal.

Which i highly doubt because it is DP to DP signal.

This is where i got this information from: https://www.dell.com/community/Monitors/U3011-grey-smudge/td-p/4684546

looks like the same kind of issue and it discribes the same symptoms and also says that it can occure of the usage in a place like dream hack.

And it wil only show in certain images, like a white/grey back ground.

26 minutes ago, FastRDust said:

Hi Kranolf,

Extra Info:

I realised that it depends what kind of white/grey background it is. For example, if you could check kinguin.net, it looks awful on both monitors, and I really don't know why.

Then there's facebook, it looks bad on the 27" monitor and looks okay on the 32" monitor. I'm confused.

2 minutes ago, FastRDust said:

If your using the DP cable this couldn't be an issue unless it uses an RGB Signal.

Which i highly doubt because it is DP to DP signal.

This is where i got this information from: https://www.dell.com/community/Monitors/U3011-grey-smudge/td-p/4684546

looks like the same kind of issue and it discribes the same symptoms and also says that it can occure of the usage in a place like dream hack.

And it wil only show in certain images, like a white/grey back ground.

Why does it matter that it was used in dreamhack?

I just checked this link, it is not even close to this. It's not that bad lol. But the thing is, it's not only a little part of the screen, it's basically everywhere where that color is, especially when I access kinguin.net.

And they both have this issue.

Is it possible to connect a differend device to the monitors and acces kinguin?

It could be a color callibration in the nvidia drivers.

37 minutes ago, FastRDust said:

And they both have this issue.

Is it possible to connect a differend device to the monitors and acces kinguin?

It could be a color callibration in the nvidia drivers.

An older laptop perhaps?

I also just realised that LTT is ugly on the 27" TN panel, and it's okay on the bigger 32" VA Panel.

I just wanted to make sure that when the displays are driven by another computer /videocard they would doe the same.

if they don't then the display's are okay. but it does makes things more complicated.

26 minutes ago, FastRDust said:

I just wanted to make sure that when the displays are driven by another computer /videocard they would doe the same.

if they don't then the display's are okay. but it does makes things more complicated.

They do the same, I connected an older laptop through hdmi. That TN panel is still vert ugly when white background.

It was also weird that when I put the hdmi in, a green line was blinking at the bottom of the monitor, like there were some pixel problems, but then it disappeared.

I don't think this can be fixed through software tweaks.

You can try resetting the display with the OSD.

But if that doesn't work i don't know what else could work.

Then it is the Panel that has the problem.

3 minutes ago, FastRDust said:

How can I reset the the display?

Also, I found out what it looks like. When you have your fingerprints on your phone, but then you swipe and all is fine. That's what it looks like, except I can't swipe this, and it only looks ugly on white.

7 minutes ago, FastRDust said:

Here's another pic. As you can see, the center has no problems, and it's white as well. But the side is a different color white I guess, and it's very very ugly on this monitor. I really don't understand why I get these blurry shits.

37079219_1924774624273804_7108865100508823552_n.jpg

There should be a joystick on the back of the panel, if you press it in the OSD should come up.

Then you can see if the display is overclocked an such settings.

go through these settings of the colour and Image and see if you can make a difference.

Just now, FastRDust said:

There should be a joystick on the back of the panel, if you press it in the OSD should come up.

Then you can see if the display is overclocked an such settings.

go through these settings of the colour and Image and see if you can make a difference.

That's what I tried, only way I can make it slightly better is by maxing out saturation lol.

Does it change when you put al little pressure on it from the back or front?

10 minutes ago, FastRDust said:

Does it change when you put al little pressure on it from the back or front?

not at all

Then i think this is a hardware issue.

Then i think this is a hardware issue.

Alright, I'll surely send this one back.

Not sure about the 31.5" one, as it looks much better. It still has a very little blurry thing, especially on kinguin, but in rest it's okay. I'll think about it.

I just wish I knew why is it doing it.

Is there any easy tutorial on how to calibrate these monitors?

14 minutes ago, FastRDust said:

For some monitors there are settings online, but usually it's hardware callibrated because every panel does differ from one another.

Here are some pointers:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-calibrate-your-monitor/

Thanks!

Btw, not like I want to use it, but how can I make sure the speakers are working? I select them as an output sound device, but none of them produce any sound. Checked if they are muted, turned the volume all up from the OSD but it doesn't really work.

Could be that your windows doesn't use the Video output for sound.

I would put the volume down first :P

Then look at the sound settings ( right bottom corner and right click on the little speaker> Playback devices).

and look if it shows up, if it doesn't right click and show disabled devices, maybe it's there.

Could be that your windows doesn't use the Video output for sound.

I would put the volume down first :P

Then look at the sound settings ( right bottom corner and right click on the little speaker> Playback devices).

and look if it shows up, if it doesn't right click and show disabled devices, maybe it's there.

That's what I'm trying to say, it's there and I selected it.

did you look at the display audio and selected properties > Levels.?

you can try to also change the advanced quality, maybe the speakers can't reproduce the frequenty put out by your computer.