Steam Consistent "No network connection could be made"

Hey so I've recently been running into a bit of a Steam connection issue, probably happened since I got my new PC. So what I have here is a screenshot of my exact issue, it's a Steam network connection error.

This happens a couple of times a week and I'd usually brush it off as Steam maintenance. But I know for sure it's not because I recently got fiber optic Wi-Fi (hells yeah by the way) and my connection should be top-notch.

What could be causing me to consistently be losing connection to the Steam servers?

Capture.PNG.8fb9bed08a46039bfdb49b506b55eb2f.PNG

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Have you tried changing your region?

Steam>Settings>Downloads

Change to another region that is still close to you and see if that fixes the issue, the servers you're trying to use could be down.

3 minutes ago, davehkiin said:

Change to another region that is still close to you and see if that fixes the issue, the servers you're trying to use could be down.

My download region is currently set to Manchester, the only other UK-based location is London, geographically changing to London would not make sense since I'm in Scotland. It's worth a try though.

9 minutes ago, seoz said:

My download region is currently set to Manchester, the only other UK-based location is London, geographically changing to London would not make sense since I'm in Scotland. It's worth a try though.

Did it help?

2 minutes ago, davehkiin said:

Did it help?

I won't really know until I ever lose connection again, I guess. Besides, doesn't that only affect the region at which you're downloading stuff from?

5 minutes ago, seoz said:

I won't really know until I ever lose connection again, I guess. Besides, doesn't that only affect the region at which you're downloading stuff from?

Well it was more of a diagnosis step rather than a solution. Let's hope it doesn't disconnect you, I have a feeling it may also be the preference for which server you connect to. Who knows. If it works, great, if not back to the drawing board I guess.

2 minutes ago, davehkiin said:

Well it was more of a diagnosis step rather than a solution. Let's hope it doesn't disconnect you, I have a feeling it may also be the preference for which server you connect to. Who knows. If it works, great, if not back to the drawing board I guess.

Yeah, I'm still open for any sure-fire solutions to my connection issues, wouldn't want to go into a CSGO competitive match and get DC'd mid-game.

You said you've got a new wifi/internet setup. Have you configured your Firewall settings on your new router? Don't know if maybe that's an issue?

Are you experiencing connectivity issues with any other program?

Is it just steam or system wide?

10 minutes ago, davehkiin said:

You said you've got a new wifi/internet setup. Have you configured your Firewall settings on your new router? Don't know if maybe that's an issue?

Are you experiencing connectivity issues with any other program?

Is it just steam or system wide?

My new router is completely factory stock settings. It's only ever Steam that's having connection issues, whenever I play Overwatch, there's never outages or even a hint of a connection drop.

3 minutes ago, seoz said:

My new router is completely factory stock settings. It's only ever Steam that's having connection issues, whenever I play Overwatch, there's never outages or even a hint of a connection drop.

Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357 (for Win 7 respectively and i'd recommend the manual method first) if you haven't tried that already. 
and while you are at it:
netsh winsock reset catalog (resets winsock entries)
netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (resets TCP/IP stack)
reboot

If that doesn't work, and you're comfortable with it. I can quickly Teamview with you to check your router settings if you're not familiar with how to do it. Up to you, if not I can still try to assist via forum.