Corsair Dominator Platinum - Warnings

Hello,

Could anyone pleased enlighten me with a more specific information regarding this? Is this a warning or an actual error? Attached are pictures with model of ram and the warning.

Will this cause any issues? RAM is running with XMP setting at the specified specs

Regards,

Flaviu

IMG_20180711_170122.jpg

IMG_20180711_170805.jpg

IMG_20180711_170748.jpg

IMG_20180711_170836.jpg

That particular warning has to do with a potential exploit that affects most RAM kits released since market introduction of DDR3 all the way to the current DDR4 modules. Just about the only apparent way protect yourself from this potentially exploited system weakness is to use ECC ram.

From my reading on the subject the fact that most memory modules are susceptible to this particular type of attack means that the majority of all computers are potentially vulnerable as long as Blackhat A with computer A can get nthe necessary code running on COmputer B. It also means there is a high probability that the blackhats computer is vulnerable to the exact same thing.

Anyways there is not much you can do about that particular vulnerability aside from what I mentioned in the first paragraph. It is not a sign of system instability, will not affect your ability to overclock, and likely won't ever cause you a major issue(no guarantee on this last one as that depends on the blackhats)

Rawr.