GTX 1060 6gb performing like a GTX 650

MrCheesecake
5 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Weird, at stock, turbo boost should be running at 3.7GHz for a 2500K (Unless all cores are loaded)

He disabled boost clock since he's using the stock cooler and it throttles if it goes higher than 3.3 Ghz

Intel page does not fully update older cpus so anything past 6th gen slower after patch

1 minute ago, MrCheesecake said:

He disabled boost clock since he's using the stock cooler and it throttles if it goes higher than 3.3 Ghz

He should really consider a better cooler than the stock one. Turbo boost helps a lot in this case for feeding GPU fps.

Though it should still be pretty fast at 3.3 GHz. Sadly I don't have a spare Z77 motherboard yet to bring my 2500K back to life.

2 minutes ago, MrCheesecake said:

ooof, definitely a worthwhile investment to get an aftermarket cooler. It's basically overclocking because the turbo frequency will kick in a lot more. Cryorig C7 or the classic hyper212 evo are my recommendations.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

30 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

He should really consider a better cooler than the stock one. Turbo boost helps a lot in this case for feeding GPU fps.

Though it should still be pretty fast at 3.3 GHz. Sadly I don't have a spare Z77 motherboard yet to bring my 2500K back to life.

29 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

ooof, definitely a worthwhile investment to get an aftermarket cooler. It's basically overclocking because the turbo frequency will kick in a lot more. Cryorig C7 or the classic hyper212 evo are my recommendations.

I'll tell him to look into buying a new cooler, I didn't even know he was using a stock one until now and I'm kinda face-palming at that. 

Also, sorry it's taking so long to reply, the guy on discord isn't being very responsive rn

Also, sorry it's taking so long to reply, the guy on discord isn't being very responsive rn

honestly with computer issues it's not like I expect instantaneous replies. It's messages from him to you, then from you to the forum, then the forum to like 4 people. Obviously the least efficient way to do it, but hopefully effective.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I'll tell him to look into buying a new cooler, I didn't even know he was using a stock one until now and I'm kinda face-palming at that. 

Yeah, if he's brave enough (and or motherboard supports it), try overclocking. 2500K still works great today (At least my bro with a 4.4GHz 2500K and 1060 6GB isn't complaining). My 2500K sits on my desk as I got a cheap 2700K two summers ago and it's running 4.9 GHz, no issues handling 980 Ti.

2 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Yeah, if he's brave enough (and or motherboard supports it), try overclocking. 2500K still works great today (At least my bro with a 4.4GHz 2500K and 1060 6GB isn't complaining). My 2500K sits on my desk as I got a cheap 2700K two summers ago and it's running 4.9 GHz, no issues handling 980 Ti.

chances are he didn't shell out for a fancy overclock motherboard if he was cool with disabling turbo frequencies. Also, in the good old days, k-sku chips were sold with higher base and boost frequencies, making using them with a non-overclock board actually practical.

Primary PC:

OR, the 650 he's comparing is just realy good. JK