Help with first Water Cooler Cooler Master - MasterLiquid Lite 240

Go to solution Solved by bowrilla,

All in One (AiO) coolers are closed loop (usually). There's nothing to fill up but its also not expandable. If one part breaks the whole thing is done. 

Their performance in relation to cost is indeed not that great. A top level air cooler will cost less while doing a similar good job AND providing some air flow over the VRMs in some way or another. They might (!) get a little (!) bit louder but that's about it. I agree with @SolarNova, if they offer top of the line performance they come at about twice or thrice the cost of a high end air cooler and way worse performance compared to even a small entry level custom loop. Compare let's say a NZXT Kraken X62 with the EK Fluid Gaming 240 set. Yes, radiators ar of different sizes but you can bet the custom loop performs better for like $50 more. Granted, the aluminium parts aren't particularly easy to expand outside of EK's Fluid Gaming lineup. 

Concerning leaks: there's hardly anything that could leak on AiOs. They're not meant to be disassembled so there are less potential leaks compared to a custom loop.

So I am some what worried about water cooling. I have a lot of money invested in this build. Is a Cooler Master - MasterLiquid Lite 240 a good cooler? I am worried about it leaking and when installing it do I need to put any water in it?

Thank you for your time!

where's your build , cooler master is good but everything they make is rough and heavy . corsair makes smoother versions of their products. 

TBH, i think people should skips AIO's if they want to go into water cooling.

An AIO is imo only good for small form factor builds where a tower heat sink is to big.

Their performance isnt any better than a top of the line air cooler.

If you want to water cool for the sake of watercooling, or for pure performance, then going into a simple custom loop is what i recommend.

A kit from Ek is a good place to start.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

4 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

TBH, i think people should skips AIO's if they want to go into water cooling.

An AIO is imo only good for small form factor builds where a tower heat sink is to big.

Their performance isnt any better than a top of the line air cooler.

If you want to water cool for the sake of watercooling, or for pure performance, then going into a simple custom loop is what i recommend.

A kit from Ek is a good place to start.

i've looked into those. Two to three times the price of an AIO on average.

OP: You do not need to fill AIOs. They come pre-filled.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

All in One (AiO) coolers are closed loop (usually). There's nothing to fill up but its also not expandable. If one part breaks the whole thing is done. 

Their performance in relation to cost is indeed not that great. A top level air cooler will cost less while doing a similar good job AND providing some air flow over the VRMs in some way or another. They might (!) get a little (!) bit louder but that's about it. I agree with @SolarNova, if they offer top of the line performance they come at about twice or thrice the cost of a high end air cooler and way worse performance compared to even a small entry level custom loop. Compare let's say a NZXT Kraken X62 with the EK Fluid Gaming 240 set. Yes, radiators ar of different sizes but you can bet the custom loop performs better for like $50 more. Granted, the aluminium parts aren't particularly easy to expand outside of EK's Fluid Gaming lineup. 

Concerning leaks: there's hardly anything that could leak on AiOs. They're not meant to be disassembled so there are less potential leaks compared to a custom loop.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!