Potential RGB Build?

So long story short, is I was asked to come up with a build for my Fiancée's sister. I have no idea on what the budget would be, or if she would even have me build one for her, but I was trying to come up with a few different builds that would be the best bang for the buck. This one however, I'm trying to "make pretty" in case she would rather have a machine that looks good and looks like a nice custom rig, but isn't super expensive. I think I got the best parts I could figure out for the build, while still being as cheap as possible.

One thing I want to figure out though, is if the Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML120L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler and the Cooler Master - MasterFan Pro 120 Air Balance RGB (3 pack) w/RGB Controller 42.7 CFM 120mm Fans could be hooked up to be synced together. I'm not sure how either of the controllers for them work.

I'm thinking that if that's not possible, I might just leave it with a stock cooler and add a 4th fan. I was aiming for the liquid cooler as it has the RGB on the pump, and makes the rig look fancier being water-cooled instead of a stock cooler.

again though, I might not even build this, it all comes down to if she really wants me to (I'm not going to charge her anything for assembly, she would buy just the parts fyi), and what her budget would be. if it's more, I could always scale up the critical parts from this, and if its less, I could cut all the fancy-ness to fit as well. I'm just trying to come up with a good looking rig that screams a custom machine, even if it isn't high end. Like a rice burner PC :P

here's the link to the full build on PCPartPicker

The budget and usecase really dictates the parts. 

The build looks more bling oriented than performance oriented, imo. 

:)

14 minutes ago, seon123 said:

The budget and usecase really dictates the parts. 

The build looks more bling oriented than performance oriented, imo. 

3 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

An RX 580 can be found for $70 more.

that is true, both to bling over performance, and the 580 being a bit more. a 1060 is about the same amount more as well

I'm just trowing around ideas. It could drop to a 1050ti, it could go up to a 1070. IDK what budget I would have. I'm just trying for the cheapest best looking rig. give it that high end feel, but what's under the hood isn't high end, but still trying to be cheap.

I know and understand that if looks were last on the list, better performance could be had. this is just if it's a "Want it to look good, and not to worried about the performance"

I used to have a had a fx 8300 and a 470 that would have been plenty for what she would be doing. I mean, right now she plays on a laptop with integrated graphics, so really almost anything would be better than that.

2 minutes ago, wdodge0912 said:

. I mean, right now she plays on a laptop with integrated graphics, so really almost anything would be better than that.

That's not a good mentality to have, especially if it's not your money. :/

:)

Get them a 2200G and wait a couple of months for a 1050Ti or a 1060.

hi.

11 minutes ago, seon123 said:

That's not a good mentality to have, especially if it's not your money. :/

I have other builds saved. It's just if that is what she want's I'll have something in mind that I know will work. I haven't even gotten a budget yet, just spit balling ideas, pretty much theory crafting right now.

I'm not worried about what parts, I was just asking about the cooler and the RGB fans, if they can be hooked up to the same controller?

8 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

Get them a 2200G and wait a couple of months for a 1050Ti or a 1060.

that is a build I have saved. I'm just coming up with ideas on PC part picker and gonna drop the links to her with a brief description of what I was thinking behind the parts list.

I'm not so much worried about the parts or quality, or price with this build. just trying to see if the cooler and fans can be used on the same controller, or if there's another cheaper way to have a blinged out PC that isn't super expensive.

30 minutes ago, wdodge0912 said:

I know and understand that if looks were last on the list, better performance could be had. this is just if it's a "Want it to look good, and not to worried about the performance"

you can just get some generic RGB fans over at amazon for bling, and use the Money for other parts like a better CPU. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 hour ago, wdodge0912 said:

How about instead of blowing money on fans you just upgrade the CPU to an R5 2600/X...the stock cooler already has RGB.

and a 120mm AIO outside of ITX cases isn't worth it, better off with a $25 Hyper T4 or something.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($178.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - H310M A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($55.35 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA - XPG  512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($97.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 580 8GB Gaming 8G Video Card  ($269.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Thermaltake - Versa H18 Tempered Glass MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($48.49 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Other: CloverTale 3 Pack Set RGB LED 120mm Case Fan with Controller, Quiet Edition High Airflow Adjustable Color LED Case Fan for PC Cases, CPU Coolers,Radiators System  ($24.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $845.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-10 05:46 EDT-0400

get an external disc drive if she really needs it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

22 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

you can just get some generic RGB fans over at amazon for bling, and use the Money for other parts like a better CPU. 

i don't think the master fan pro's are that bad of a deal, especially the 3 pack with controller, for $40. pretty much $ 10 for every component. i think each port can be split, so 8 fans total.

anyways, nothing you guys are saying is really helping with the concept of the build. I get there are better ways to spend the money. I'm just saying if I get asked "i want all the lights and looks and stuff, as long as it can play such and such a game" I want to be able to go here you go, but you do realize the money could be spent more wisely. You're preaching to the choir so to speak in this aspect.

it's great advice and all, but not answering the question I posed to begin with, can the ML120L cooler be hooked into the fan controller?

or is there a way to have all the rgb controlled from one point.

my personal system has the PSU, which is on it's own, the HD120s, on their own controller, and then the mobo is on it's own settings in the bios. if i was to do this build concept, and that is a big IF, I would like it all to be on one single controller.

15 hours ago, pcmr2066 said:

I don't know if girls would like a case that says "Cougar" in front ?

My statement is half joke and half serious.

lol yes. I was actually thinking the Cooler Master Q300L would be a better case anyways. I am trying to shy away from tempered glass as it will need to be somewhat portable, being taken to a dorm, and brought back during the summer and winter breaks, but not needing full portability like a laptop. hers does fine for her school work, but not for gaming. but would rather stay acrylic instead of TG so there is less possibility of breaking it