Looking for a gaming monitor that produces no or very insignificant ghosting in PC games

Jin4er

Hello,
I'm looking for a 27" 1440p high refresh rate monitor that produces no or very insignificant ghosting in games. Could someone recommend one?

I've been having problems with ghosting in games on my Acer XG270HU. The overdrive function on the Acer doesn't seem to work at all when switched to normal or extreme, and Freesync doesn't help because I use a GTX 1070. For that reason I decided to get a new monitor. A few days ago I got a Dell S2716DG which I returned to the store today. While G-sync eliminated tearing and stuttering almost in every game I checked, the monitor produced a bit less dramatic than Acer's, but noticeable ghosting in every game.

I would be very grateful if you recommended a monitor which doesn't suffer from ghosting issue. Thank you.

16 minutes ago, Jin4er said:

Just grab any decent TN panel if you want no ghosting.

Or maybe try a 240hz display, but I don't know if that has anything to do with ghosting.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

22 minutes ago, Jin4er said:

Dell S2716DG

I was able to get rid of a majority of ghosting on my s2716dg by dropping down to 120hz and using ULMB. I'd recommend trying that.

33 minutes ago, Sombra said:

I was able to get rid of a majority of ghosting on my s2716dg by dropping down to 120hz and using ULMB. I'd recommend trying that.

Or just crank up Overdrive

If you dont want to worry about ghosting then your looking at TN panels.

They have there own issues though, like looking like absolute crap...but they have fast pixel response so no ghosting :P

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |