More visible coolant?

I've just finished my first custom water cooling loop and am a bit underwhelmed by the effect.

With the combination of blue led fans and Cryofuel Navy Blue, you can't really see the blue coolant (will post a pic later today)

Any suggestions? 

I've been looking the UV-direction.

Other options?

Not really without causing major issues with clogging up stuff without special fluids. If the Dye isnt the desired effect your going to have to try something else, but be warned that you will have to clean it every 4-6 months.

1 hour ago, xenic said:

-

Get some white LEDs, basically if you use the same color LED as the coolant, it will not be visible.

1 hour ago, xenic said:

I've just finished my first custom water cooling loop and am a bit underwhelmed by the effect.

With the combination of blue led fans and Cryofuel Navy Blue, you can't really see the blue coolant (will post a pic later today)

Any suggestions? 

I've been looking the UV-direction.

Other options?

UV would be better in terms of visual effect but if your looking for something that provides a glitter or flow effect there are fluids like Primochill Vue. Be warned though results may vary and the need to prep the loop properly is paramount, even with that I personally do not recommend it as of yet as there have been many issues with it. 

2 hours ago, For Science! said:

Get some white LEDs, basically if you use the same color LED as the coolant, it will not be visible.

I'd prob change the coolant in a couple of months to something else + it would be cheaper than buying 6+ new white fans.

2 hours ago, W-L said:

UV would be better in terms of visual effect but if your looking for something that provides a glitter or flow effect there are fluids like Primochill Vue. Be warned though results may vary and the need to prep the loop properly is paramount, even with that I personally do not recommend it as of yet as there have been many issues with it. 

I've read about the Primochill Vue stuff. I don't feel like clogging up my loop.
UV would do the trick in terms of 'wow'-effect. 

Maybe even UV tubes.

Thanks for the hellp.

16 minutes ago, xenic said:

-

Do as you please, but i thought id leave some pics here for you to see what some ambient white lights can do. Dont mind the UFO.

Blue ambient + blue accents

20180708_214714.thumb.jpg.9d07c138ff77d98e807a641f1d3447de.jpg

White ambient + blue accents

20180708_214624.thumb.jpg.c6b3f4fe7be70225a83481858bdc2c71.jpg

White ambient + white accents

20180708_214833.thumb.jpg.6c8df209826d6259c125a40cd4eee216.jpg

34 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Do as you please, but i thought id leave some pics here for you to see what some ambient white lights can do. Dont mind the UFO.

Blue ambient + blue accents

20180708_214714.thumb.jpg.9d07c138ff77d98e807a641f1d3447de.jpg

White ambient + blue accents

20180708_214624.thumb.jpg.c6b3f4fe7be70225a83481858bdc2c71.jpg

White ambient + white accents

20180708_214833.thumb.jpg.6c8df209826d6259c125a40cd4eee216.jpg

Wow, thanks for the effort!

I'll think about it ;)

UV fluid tends to wear off after a while, so while it certainly has a really nice initial 'pop', within a few weeks that fades significantly as the UV component breaks down. I have used a few EK UV coolants with this result, but I'd be interested to hear of any others that might have more lifespan.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

6 hours ago, xenic said:

With the combination of blue led fans and Cryofuel Navy Blue

Blue lights with a blue dye might work if it wasn't transparent; either use an opaque liquid or use a different colored LEDs

EDIT: I just found a build that has an opaque blue liquid with blue LEDs and it seems to have a similar 'issue' (from the pic that I saw)

You can check that build out here: Winds of Winter

14 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

Blue lights with a blue dye might work if it wasn't transparent; either use an opaque liquid or use a different colored LEDs

EDIT: I just found a build that has an opaque blue liquid with blue LEDs and it seems to have a similar 'issue' (from the pic that I saw)

You can check that build out here: Winds of Winter

That's pretty much the same 'problem' that I have. 

I've decided not to change anything for now and just enjoy it. When the time comes to change the fluid, I'll either change the fluid or the tubing (to uv), or both even. Thanks for the help

You could go for a white opaque coolant. That way you can change the colour of your leds and it will still fit and pop on your loop.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

On 9-7-2018 at 4:38 PM, bowrilla said:

You could go for a white opaque coolant. That way you can change the colour of your leds and it will still fit and pop on your loop.

Any suggestions on which coolants?

20 hours ago, W-L said:

For opaque coolants, Mayhems Pastel's is well regarded. 

I've seen some nasty residue in the blocks in some of Jay's videos. Funny enough the blocks somehow were cleaned by Primochill's Vue. In a different system it ate away some of the black finish in some parts.

@xenic

Keep in mind: opaque fluids need more service and can gunk up your system. You need to have an eye on that.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

2 hours ago, bowrilla said:

I've seen some nasty residue in the blocks in some of Jay's videos. Funny enough the blocks somehow were cleaned by Primochill's Vue. In a different system it ate away some of the black finish in some parts.

@xenic

Keep in mind: opaque fluids need more service and can gunk up your system. You need to have an eye on that.

Yes the particles in pastel can settle or precipitate out if things turn really bad but with proper preparation and cleaning every 12 months max it's usually not a problem. Primochill Vue is very abrasive as a fluid since it contains a mica mineral to give it that shimmer, some have had blocks frost over and fittings erode away the paint or plating. 

For Pastel I've been able to keep a system using Ice Dragon's original pastel fluid for over 18 months without much issue other than slight darkening of the fluid so it's possible to keep it long term.