Coolermaster CM590 III Fan Clearence

ckl_1981

Good day everyone, I wanted to upgrade my current cpu cooler from Coolermaster Hyper T4 to Masterair MA410P and the casing clearence is 159mm. The Hyper T4 fits fine on AM4 but requires some rather exxesive pressure and I am afraid it might bend my motherboard. Well maybe its bending now not so sure. I want to change to MasterAir MA410P and pcpartpicker says its compatible with my current casing. Any advise will help thanks. By the way the MA410P mounts Horizontally with brackets provided. Thanks

It will be just a hair or .5mm from touching the side panel.

The heatsink is 158.5mm tall:

image.png.1e8fbaa9e8e52ddf31652e4ed0caac79.png

The case supports 159mm tall cpu coolers:

image.png.f9e29a48ce10dcbe523c3247a2921e8a.png

5 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

It will be just a hair or .5mm from touching the side panel.

The heatsink is 158.5mm tall:

image.png.1e8fbaa9e8e52ddf31652e4ed0caac79.png

The case supports 159mm tall cpu coolers:

image.png.f9e29a48ce10dcbe523c3247a2921e8a.png

So should I upgrade or stick to Hyper T4 works fine though cause I am not overclocking, just the mounting position between the 2 coolers

I wouldn't switch coolers, cause there is literally no difference in performance, but rather just save the money for something better to upgrade in the future. Also the Hyper T4 is a great cooler and the included mounting bracket shouldn't cause bending on the board unless you really over tighten the screws or mounted it wrong. I say just keep the cooler you have currently.

11 hours ago, Rainbow Dash said:

I wouldn't switch coolers, cause there is literally no difference in performance, but rather just save the money for something better to upgrade in the future. Also the Hyper T4 is a great cooler and the included mounting bracket shouldn't cause bending on the board unless you really over tighten the screws or mounted it wrong. I say just keep the cooler you have currently.

No screws just the included Amd mounting bracket. Slightly a bit pressure when pulling it down.

The temp are stable 32 at idle max out at 62

Why are you looking for upgrade to MA410P? Its not best performing and has just RGB to sell. If you want RGB and don't mind temps, it may be cheapest pick. But with same/less you can get H7 which will fit the case. H7 has RGB variant, but that is significantly pricier.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Why are you looking for upgrade to MA410P? Its not best performing and has just RGB to sell. If you want RGB and don't mind temps, it may be cheapest pick. But with same/less you can get H7 which will fit the case. H7 has RGB variant, but that is significantly pricier.

Not planning on using the RGB function lols, I saw the contact points are nearer compared to the Hyper T4. Putting in pack my CoolerMaster Air Balance Non Led Fan inside. I really don't like RGB lightning in my case.

I wanted to change cause the Hyper T4 on Am4 has to be mounted vertically but I have 2 140mm fan on top pulling air out. The MA410P can mount horizontally which many pc builders prefer the air exhausted from the rear of the case and not from the top as my GPU is a free flow type.

1 hour ago, ckl_1981 said:

I wanted to change cause the Hyper T4 on Am4 has to be mounted vertically but I have 2 140mm fan on top pulling air out. The MA410P can mount horizontally which many pc builders prefer the air exhausted from the rear of the case and not from the top as my GPU is a free flow type.

You should look at H7, if thats available in your shops. Its best value budget cooler. And will fit 100% as its only 149mm tall.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

57 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You should look at H7, if thats available in your shops. Its best value budget cooler. And will fit 100% as its only 149mm tall.

I live in Malaysia which H7 is very uncommon here but it's cool i just serviced my dusty fins and fans after 7 month of usage the temp is sitting around 32 at idle and max 60 using the T4. Thanks for the advice.