Corsair to Release MicroATX Case - Obsidian 350D

NamelessTed

Very few details are available from what I can find right now. I can't even find pictures or an official announcement from Corsair.

There are two new item listings on Newegg for a Corsair Obsidian 350D, one with a solid side panel and the other with a windowed panel for $10 more. The Obsidian branding of the case might give us an idea of the general design of the case, but it will still be interesting to see any updates and changes Corsair has made for this MicroATX version. Maybe we will finally start seeing some competition in the MicroATX world. One could argue that the only proper MicroATX cases available right now are from Fractal Design with the Arc Mini and the Define Mini, which are great cases.

The feature list as posted on Newegg:

Brushed Aluminum Front Panel

SLI / Cross Fire ready

Modular 2.5" SSD cage

Front 140mm and rear 120mm cooling fans. Room for up to five fans total.

Direct Airflow Path from front cooling fan to GPUs.

Maximum ATX PSU length 180mm

Maximum GPU length 380mm

Maximum CPU Cooler Height 160mm

Room for two 240mm radiators (top, front)

Dual USB 3.0 ports

Corsair Obsidian 350D

Corsair Obsidian 350D - Side Panel Window

Well, I always hated Corsair's case's looks. It's the ultimate '15 year old owner' look IMO, if I had a penny for every time I saw one with blue LED's filled up with not-really-matching components at LANs and such, I'd probably need bigger pockets.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that I'm not sure I am optimistic about it. I don't mind Corsair as a company, and I like and even own a few of their products, but cases is one of the things they never seemed to grasp, design-wise.

But then I really like Fractal Design's Micro-ATX cases too, Corsair is probably going to disappoint me whatever they do :P

Also, I prefer Mini-ITX to Micro-ATX. The latter only exists anymore because AMD's CPUs are so physically large that it's impossible to make Mini-ITX motherboards for them. Such is the trade-off for trying to keep up with the world's largest semiconductor company.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I really don't like the aesthetic of Silverstone cases (they have none) though at least they are pretty good. Like I said, Mini-ITX is better for me, ever since the BitFenix Prodigy was conceived I have had tunnel vision on mid- to small form factor computers.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Well, I always hated Corsair's case's looks. It's the ultimate '15 year old owner' look IMO, if I had a penny for every time I saw one with blue LED's filled up with not-really-matching components at LANs and such, I'd probably need bigger pockets.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that I'm not sure I am optimistic about it. I don't mind Corsair as a company, and I like and even own a few of their products, but cases is one of the things they never seemed to grasp, design-wise.

But then I really like Fractal Design's Micro-ATX cases too, Corsair is probably going to disappoint me whatever they do :P

Also, I prefer Mini-ITX to Micro-ATX. The latter only exists anymore because AMD's CPUs are so physically large that it's impossible to make Mini-ITX motherboards for them. Such is the trade-off for trying to keep up with the world's largest semiconductor company.

I like the idea of small builds with mini-ITX but those builds require a different scope. Those builds have to be built very specifically for single GPU gaming, with no room for expansion. Also, the lack of expansion slots completely removes the ability to use dedicated sound cards, wireless, RAID, or sever other things. MicroATX is much more versatile.

Can't wait to see how this turns out. Personally I might go with the 900D as my next case, I'm sick and tired of less than 1inch of cable management room, at least with the 900D I can have all my drives where the PSU compartment is and leave room for airflow(and potential watercooling down the road :D).

To each their own I guess, I might go with a Lian Li case if the 900D isn't what I expect, or a Caselabs case, just have to keep looking for that one case that fits "me".

Well' date=' I always hated Corsair's case's looks. It's the ultimate '15 year old owner' look IMO, if I had a penny for every time I saw one with blue LED's filled up with not-really-matching components at LANs and such, I'd probably need bigger pockets. I guess what I'm trying to say is, that I'm not sure I am optimistic about it. I don't mind Corsair as a company, and I like and even own a few of their products, but cases is one of the things they never seemed to grasp, design-wise. But then I really like Fractal Design's Micro-ATX cases too, Corsair is probably going to disappoint me whatever they do :P Also, I prefer Mini-ITX to Micro-ATX. The latter only exists anymore because AMD's CPUs are so physically large that it's impossible to make Mini-ITX motherboards for them. Such is the trade-off for trying to keep up with the world's largest semiconductor company.[/quote']

I have to agree on the whole " ultimate '15 year old owner' look " thing, I own a 400d and it's great, but it's still a little too flashy for me, and also too big. I have a micro-ATX board, and I hope this case can a bring a new minimalistic look, but keep the great features of their other cases

Case: Corsair 400r

CPU: AMD Phenom ii x6 1055T 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 (2013 edition)

GPU: Saphire Toxic 6950 (OC'd to 6970)

GPU Cooler: Accelero Twin Turbo II

It actually looks ok but the front end kinda puts me a bit off.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I love the look of this case! Been wanting a Corsair case for my next build but was hoping for a mAXT one. Hopefully its not going to be too expensive

3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750

Wow, that's a pretty good looking case but if that is at the same size as the Define R4 or bigger. I would probably go with the R4.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Wireless and bluetooth can be done with mini pcie cards, RAID can be done through software and I have built a mini-itx home server for a client before so they are do-able. Sound card you could always get a usb based one.

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

Wow, that case looks great! Can't wait to see the pricing on this thing, hope it isnt too expensive. 80 buck range?

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

Oh, I also have to note that it has a better mounting at the top for radiators, since you don't have to displace it. :P

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Wow' date=' that case looks great! Can't wait to see the pricing on this thing, hope it isnt too expensive. 80 buck range?[/quote']My guess is no more than $120

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I do have a USB sound card, not only that but I HAVE to have a USB or FireWire sound card and I/O for my music equipment. The Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe also comes with the 4x PCI slot already occupied with a pretty good Intel Wi-Fi card with cabled antennas. So it does have 2x PCI and if you need something other than the Wi-Fi you can switch it, although it is angled level with the mobo so you'll need a riser or to carefully mod it. As for raid, that doesn't really interest me for my personal computer, as I have a Win 8 storage spaces home server that I built out of my old parts. For those of us who upgraded this generation, or will upgrade again next generation, the old Core2Duo processors and matching chipsets are still by far and large relevant today. Everyone should take those parts and build a home server with them anyway. Get your own redundancy-secure storage extremely cheap and be green as you go.

Wow' date=' that case looks great! Can't wait to see the pricing on this thing, hope it isnt too expensive. 80 buck range?[/quote']My guess is no more than $120
I hoping for 99.95

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

I love the look of this case! Been wanting a Corsair case for my next build but was hoping for a mAXT one. Hopefully its not going to be too expensive
Oh, the Newegg page changed. It originally showed the 350D at $100 and the case with the side panel at $110. These might have been placeholders, although that pricing wouldn't surprise me as it would mirror the pricing of the Fractal Design Define Mini, which will be Corsair's primary competitor with this case.

Found some pics on another forum.

900x900px-LL-42b6e9f2_8IbNDvn.jpeg

900x900px-LL-d824b3c0_dcFyjPy.jpeg

900x900px-LL-16855fec_PKtpEiD.jpeg

Source: http://www.overclock.net/t/1381705/corsair-350d-photos

Nice find on the images. Looks pretty slick. I definitely want to see some more details of what is going on inside that case. It doesn't look like the top mounts are offset but rather they just included more headroom to support a 240mm rad up top, specifically their own. I can only assume the front will also support a 240mm rad, but who knows.

That is also a huge window, very impressive if you have internals that you really want to show off.

Full side panel! Brushed aluminum! 240mm Radiator support! And what looks like removable HDD cages!

post-3390-13667862451972_thumb.jpg

post-3390-13667862451972_thumb.jpg

I hope they make mitx version too.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Full side panel! Brushed aluminum! 240mm Radiator support! And what looks like removable HDD cages!

Lol Take my money too plz?
| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)