Blank black screen, AMD Driver update

Go to solution Solved by Wormhole,
On 7/4/2018 at 4:33 PM, WeepingCrow said:

Always blank black screen everytime i install latest drivers for amd. (Rx560) (driver ver. adrenaline 18.5.1)

Things I already did: 

Uninstalled > ddu >  clean install  

Roll back previous version > clean install  

>Let it be on black screen for an hour or so after installing

hey dude, old thread but i have had the same issue. i've tried every "solution" and the only thing that seems to work is disabling Windows Defender

hope this helps

ISSUE SOLVED

Always blank black screen everytime i install latest drivers for amd. (Rx560) (driver ver. adrenaline 18.5.1)

Things I already did: 

Does a previous driver (not the Windows Basic driver) work? In that case, just run that driver and retry when the next release comes out. MIght be a glitch.

If not, card incompatible or broken.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

38 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Does a previous driver (not the Windows Basic driver) work? In that case, just run that driver and retry when the next release comes out. MIght be a glitch.

If not, card incompatible or broken.

Sooo... I didnt try doing the previous driver yet, i was about to then I thought I'd give the optional update of 18.6.1 it worked and didnt black screen but now i cant open radeon settings.. 

It says "Radeon settings and driver version do not matcg, please try again after updating to latest version(s)." 

How do you update radeon settings?

12 minutes ago, WeepingCrow said:

Sooo... I didnt try doing the previous driver yet, i was about to then I thought I'd give the optional update of 18.6.1 it worked and didnt black screen but now i cant open radeon settings.. 

It says "Radeon settings and driver version do not matcg, please try again after updating to latest version(s)." 

How do you update radeon settings?

Radeon Settings is part of the driver installation software. Re-run the installer and make sure it's selected. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

It doesnt show the amd adapter anymore, its gone. 

Only microsoft basic display adapter can be seen now.... Even on view show hidden this might be the problem

153068928643442735432.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 7/4/2018 at 4:33 PM, WeepingCrow said:

Things I already did: 

hey dude, old thread but i have had the same issue. i've tried every "solution" and the only thing that seems to work is disabling Windows Defender

hope this helps

(◣_◢) Ryzen 5 3600,   Aorus X370 K7,   XPG 16GB 3200,   Gigabyte 2070 Windforce Corsair RM650x,   LG 32GK650F-B 31.5" 144Hz QHD FreeSync VA,   Kingston 120GB SSD,   Samsung 1TB 860 QVO,   2TB HDD,   Fractal Design Meshify C,   Corsair K63 Wireless,   Corsair Gaming M65 PRO,   Audio Technica ATH M50x,   Windows 10 ProCorsair H100x 240mm.  (◣_◢)

(◣_◢) Ryzen 5 1600,   Noctua NH-L12S,   Gigabyte GTX 1060 6G,   ASUS Prime B350 Plus,   HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 (2666MHz - 1.3v),   SilverStone ET550-B,   Kingston 120GB SSD 2TB HDD,   Cougar MX330,   Windows 10 Pro.  (◣_◢)

• 11 months later...

ISSUE SOLVED:

Sooooo I've been having bluescreen problems with my pc and i thought it might be because of my old driver version that I decided to just settle with because I cant update to a newer version cause of the black screen prob ive been having. I decided to come back here and see what happened with my post. And I saw @Wormhole's suggestion which is to turn off windows defender ( I also turned off windows security) and I did DDU process and then updated while intenet is off. And poof, I can use the new amd driver now hooraaaay!!! Thanks @Wormhole

17 minutes ago, WeepingCrow said:

ISSUE SOLVED:

Sooooo I've been having bluescreen problems with my pc and i thought it might be because of my old driver version that I decided to just settle with because I cant update to a newer version cause of the black screen prob ive been having. I decided to come back here and see what happened with my post. And I saw @Wormhole's suggestion which is to turn off windows defender ( I also turned off windows security) and I did DDU process and then updated while intenet is off. And poof, I can use the new amd driver now hooraaaay!!! Thanks @Wormhole

Did you just live with the problem for almost a year? *slow clap*

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

45 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Did you just live with the problem for almost a year? *slow clap*

Mmmm yes and no? ? I decided to just stick to the old driver versions instead of updating, which doesnt really affect me that much. But then after a year, I started getting blue screen errors, I used the almighty google to see what's wrong and it said "may be due to outdated drivers" I was like "well **ck me.." I lived with the blue screen errors for about 2 months until I got banned on my online game accounts for abandoning games due to bluescreen. And so I came back here, to my surprise due to the suggestion everything is solved as it should be. Circle of life.

PS. i still have 1 week bans on my online game accounts.