How can I get my friend to hear my computer audio on Discord?

Hi, how can I get my friend to hear my computer audio through discord, without buying some other software and linking it? I have seen people that have the opposite problem where they don't want their friends to hear their sound. How is this solvable through normal settings?

Voicemeeter banana can do that for you. Takes multiple input sources and gives you the ability to route them to whichever output you want, AKA discord. You can even control the volume independently :D

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

I use this for streaming on twitch, got my games, discord, music and microphone on different input sources so it's easier to control the balance between them. I also have 3 sound outputs (headset, LED audio controller, Speaker) and the two virtual outputs for discord and stream.

1 minute ago, Jerped said:

Voicemeeter banana can do that for you. Takes multiple input sources and gives you the ability to route them to whichever output you want, AKA discord. You can even control the volume independently :D

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

Cool! Is it free?

Yes it is!     runs on donation :D

1 minute ago, Melonlink said:

Cool! Is it free?

8 minutes ago, Melonlink said:

Thanks, but I want both the mic and the sound to get picked up in the discord call.

if i do it that way, then only the stereo will be heard.

If you "listen to" your mic, it should get mixed into stereo mix as well.  Only downside is you would also hear yourself back

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, Jerped said:

Yes it is!     runs on donation :D

thx, awesome, ill try it!

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If you "listen to" your mic, it should get mixed into stereo mix as well.  Only downside is you would also hear yourself back

how do i do that?

7 minutes ago, Melonlink said:

how do i do that?

in the recording devices:
image.png.5dcccac738c04703f4e5c562720e2a3d.png

But like @Ryan_Vickers said, you will hear yourself back.