Any suggestion for a heatgun?

Go to solution Solved by Christophe Corazza,

You should be looking for somehting with adjustable temperature settings. The amount of heat and the possibility to control it are paramount. If you’re choosing a gun with a temperature that’s too, you won’t get the job done, and if the temperature is too high, you'll definitely damage the device.

I assume that a unit with different nozzle types would also be beneficial, since this helps you direct the stream of hot air to the correct spot.

And perhaps a table stand? This allows you to place the gun on the table (or another type of surface) while working.

I'm launching my little 'fun business' for fixing phones and I was on amazon looking for a heatgun. Since pretty much all new phones need to be unmount by the screen or almost, anybody have suggestion since I dont wanna burn them to death?

You should be looking for somehting with adjustable temperature settings. The amount of heat and the possibility to control it are paramount. If you’re choosing a gun with a temperature that’s too, you won’t get the job done, and if the temperature is too high, you'll definitely damage the device.

I assume that a unit with different nozzle types would also be beneficial, since this helps you direct the stream of hot air to the correct spot.

And perhaps a table stand? This allows you to place the gun on the table (or another type of surface) while working.

1 hour ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Any model to suggest?

Amazon suggest this one

https://www.amazon.ca/BLACK-DECKER-HG1300-Dual-Temperature/dp/B004NDX7O6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530209138&sr=8-1&keywords=heatgun&dpID=41tsmU5nKYL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

but I think this one is best suit for phone

https://www.amazon.ca/Tacklife-Precision-Temperature-122℉-1112℉-Attachments/dp/B0744BHQ5L/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1530209138&sr=8-3&keywords=heatgun&dpID=51Ya%2BUNBs1L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

12 minutes ago, TheprogWizard said:

To me, the first one is like the 'cheap and dirty' option of the two.

The Tacklife 1600 W seems more suitable. It allows you to vary the temperatures to a much finer degree (pun intended), several nozzles are included and you can set it upright on your desk.

Thanks! I was thinking the same. I'm an IT guy, fixing/creating is really my thing but when it comes to tools other than screwdrivers or anything PC related...I'm a mess. Thanks, I'll go with the second one

9 minutes ago, TheprogWizard said:

Thanks! I was thinking the same. I'm an IT guy, fixing/creating is really my thing but when it comes to tools other than screwdrivers or anything PC related...I'm a mess. Thanks, I'll go with the second one

Good luck with your 'fun' phone fixing business :)

1 minute ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Good luck with your 'fun' phone fixing business :)

Just hoping not fixing HTC phones ?

36 minutes ago, TheprogWizard said:

Just hoping not fixing HTC phones ?

Can't be picky you know... :PxD