How much of an increase will i get from switching to a Sennheiser-650?

TheMail

I found the Sennheiser HD 650's for $375 locally, is that a good deal? I am currently using the V-Moda Crossfade LP's + Fiio E10. I'd be able to resell the Crossfade's quite easily.

So all in all, will the difference in sound be substantial?

I just received my crossfades today and have been putting in a bit of listening in time. 

I've got my share of V curve sounding headphones and the crossfade sits in there with all of them there are some but very insignificant differences between this and the dt770 and my m50 however going to an open backed headphone is a totally different listening experience. can I make a % based number and quantify that difference, not really. 

but hearing the tight and confined soundstage of the crossfade on my head it will be a real pleasing difference in sound when you go with the 650 or any open headphone. 

I think it's pretty worth it. You do also have to take into account that you should probably get a decent amp, I have an O2/ODAC from Mayflower to drive my 650s.

Spoiler

I think it's pretty worth it. You do also have to take into account that you should probably get a decent amp, I have an O2/ODAC from Mayflower to drive my 650s.

He has an E10. Is enough.

Love my 650's OP, but you can get them under $300 if you go used.