Affordable 1440p G-sync monitors?

MrCheesecake

I'm looking for a 1440p G-sync monitor preferably running at at least 75 Hz, but 60 Hz is fine. My budget is $400-$450. Thanks for any help you give me!

Dell S2716DG

I've seen it in outlets in europe for 450 Euro before. Don't know the situation in the US :-/

Dell S2716DG and S2417DG, depending on if you want 27" or 24". Both sell for around $330-400.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

11 hours ago, Suika said:

Dell S2716DG and S2417DG, depending on if you want 27" or 24". Both sell for around $330-400.

EDIT: I found the S2716DG at the microcenter near me for $450 and I'm going out there this weekend anyways so I'll definitely pick it up!

The S2716DG is about $600 USD at the cheapest here, which is way out of my price range, but the S2417DG is $430 on Amazon which is right within my budget, so I'll definitely think about it. Thanks!

2 hours ago, MrCheesecake said:

EDIT: I found the S2716DG at the microcenter near me for $450 and I'm going out there this weekend anyways so I'll definitely pick it up!

The S2716DG is about $600 USD at the cheapest here, which is way out of my price range, but the S2417DG is $430 on Amazon which is right within my budget, so I'll definitely think about it. Thanks!

The prices I gave are sale prices I see these monitors at, at least one a week or so. If you can hold out, you can probably pick either up for cheaper by watching the buildapcsales subreddit. $330 is the cheapest I've seen the 24", I picked the 27" up for $400 but I think I've seen it for less.

Just keep in mind, they are TN panels, so viewing angles aren't as good as IPS displays can be, but they're very good TN panels at the least, with some exception. The S27 has an issue with color banding, I don't believe the S24 carries the same fate. Basically, in darker pictures, you'll see some colors "band" together as opposed to fade into one another. Here's an example of my S27:

d5919a60d6914950ab9ba145b17f23d8.jpg

Notice how the darker colors block together rather than keeping their patterns into darker shades? They shouldn't be doing that. It doesn't bother me personally, but I'm a high level gamer, not a content creator, so there's some bias to my word.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

5 hours ago, Suika said:

The prices I gave are sale prices I see these monitors at, at least one a week or so. If you can hold out, you can probably pick either up for cheaper by watching the buildapcsales subreddit. $330 is the cheapest I've seen the 24", I picked the 27" up for $400 but I think I've seen it for less.

Just keep in mind, they are TN panels, so viewing angles aren't as good as IPS displays can be, but they're very good TN panels at the least, with some exception. The S27 has an issue with color banding, I don't believe the S24 carries the same fate. Basically, in darker pictures, you'll see some colors "band" together as opposed to fade into one another. Here's an example of my S27:

d5919a60d6914950ab9ba145b17f23d8.jpg

Notice how the darker colors block together rather than keeping their patterns into darker shades? They shouldn't be doing that. It doesn't bother me personally, but I'm a high level gamer, not a content creator, so there's some bias to my word.

Thanks for all the advice and help mate! I'm going to be building my PC in about 2 weeks so I want to pick the monitor up as soon as I can but I'll look out for cheaper prices. And that color banding thing most likely won't bother me much either as I'll just be gaming and won't be doing any content creation at all so it's perfectly fine.