Yamaha MG10XU

SirBatsy

I'm planning on doing a dual pc setup and I want to use this mixer since I already have it and no point on buying a new one. Gaming sounds, discord and music all on the gaming pc I just want streaming pc to get the sound and be able to use one mic. How do I hook up two computers to it?

3 hours ago, SirBatsy said:

I'm planning on doing a dual pc setup and I want to use this mixer since I already have it and no point on buying a new one. Gaming sounds, discord and music all on the gaming pc I just want streaming pc to get the sound and be able to use one mic. How do I hook up two computers to it?

That mixer appears to have two separate outputs: "stereo" and "monitor" with separate volume control for each.  It would seem that you could have those two outputs go to separate computers; the outputs would be the same mix, but they would have different volume control.  Other than that, there doesn't appear to be any bus or aux outputs that could be used for separate mixing.

22 hours ago, SirBatsy said:

XLR to stereo jack from main PC into mixer inputs 1 and 2

Then from the main outputs L/R going to the streaming PC mic using stereo XLR to jack

Then have your mic in input 3.

If you want to hear your self put your headphones in the mixer monitor or headphones. If you dont want to hear your self put it in to your normal pc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2018 at 7:43 PM, Ahoy Hoy said:

Then from the main outputs L/R going to the streaming PC mic using stereo XLR to jack

If you want to hear your self put your headphones in the mixer monitor or headphones. If you dont want to hear your self put it in to your normal pc.

Yo sorry for the late reply i have been busy. Thank you for the response your method is simple and not bunch of cables and shit. Also do i need anything else or thats all?

Like do i need a buzz box or some shit like that

inputs 1 and 2

What do you mean by this do I buy the cable with dual xlr to stereo jack?

Also where do i plug in my mixer gaming pc or streaming pc?

1 hour ago, SirBatsy said:

Yeah you need to buy male stereo xlr to jack and female stereo xlr to jack for the inputs and outputs

From the speaker output of your computer plug the jack in. The other end of that cable plug the two xlrs into input channel one and input channel two.

For the outputs. On the top right of the mixer, it says main left and right. Plug the two xlrs into them and then the jack into your streamer pc. Either a line in port or if it doesn't have that the mic port will do.

3 hours ago, SirBatsy said:

image.png.861239fbfdbeeb628e722c6c4747e3e7.pngI made a shitty paint diagram

1 hour ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

image.png.861239fbfdbeeb628e722c6c4747e3e7.pngI made a shitty paint diagram

Holy this is so helpful thank you

2 minutes ago, SirBatsy said:

Holy this is so helpful thank you

Also speakers would go in 5/6 right? if i wanted to add actual speaker setup on my desk

45 minutes ago, SirBatsy said:

Also speakers would go in 5/6 right? if i wanted to add actual speaker setup on my desk

no 5/6 are inputs. Under the xlr outputs there's some jack outputs as well so either into there or into the monitor ones. The monitor outputs can mean you can turn the speakers off with the desk

10 hours ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

no 5/6 are inputs. Under the xlr outputs there's some jack outputs as well so either into there or into the monitor ones. The monitor outputs can mean you can turn the speakers off with the desk

Oh alright, thanks for the help!!!

17 hours ago, SirBatsy said:

16 hours ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

One thing you're overlooking, the XU line has a great USB DAC.  You also don't want to input a stereo signal into two separate mic channels when you have combined stereo channels at your disposal.

I have a MG12XU and the best way to setup for what you're planning would be to input the audio from the gaming PC to one of the two combined stereo channels (5/6 or 7/8) using either a 3.5mm to RCA or 3.5mm to 1/4" cable.  Then connect the streaming PC via USB, it's a 2-way connection so by having your headphones plugged into the mixer you'd have the ability to have audio from both PCs plus leave the XLR stereo out open if you wanted to add a pair of powered speakers to your setup.

3.5mm to 1/4",

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CMP-159-Stereo-Breakout-Cable/dp/B005HGM1D6/ref=pd_sim_267_9?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B005HGM1D6&pd_rd_r=56f01e1d-834c-11e8-906c-89fc5d574e42&pd_rd_w=6IIil&pd_rd_wg=jBdJk&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=7967298517161621930&pf_rd_r=A8QCJ36QVFEMYP6VB1RW&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=A8QCJ36QVFEMYP6VB1RW

3.5mm to RCA,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D5H8JW0/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01D5H8JW0&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=1713835751726239774&pf_rd_r=0FKG94FAEWN1GX9H8RVD&pd_rd_wg=AmgUw&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=UQcd5&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=72a88875-8350-11e8-88f0-530297bd69ef

Win10 driver and instructions,

http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en/products/mixers/mg_xu/support/driver/

Do you have a diagram on the cable connection?

Because reading just confuses me even more

I would also suggest you don't use two mono mic inputs for the output of your main PC when there are stereo input channels just over to the right. Not to mention that mic inputs 1 & 2 have compression that you'd probably want to utilize with the microphones... This is how johnny5c is suggesting you set things up:
Diagram.png 
But correct me if I'm wrong, the MG10XU only has 1 stereo input right (over USB)? Wouldn't this mean that if he wanted to run something like discord on the streaming PC for voice chat it would now pick up his game audio and his mic? Wouldn't be able to utilize discord or voice chat on his main PC either because the microphone is only going to the streaming PC no?

Main PC: Corsair 900D | ProArt Z690-Creator | Intel 13900K | RTX 4090 | Trident Z5 (2x32GB) | 1TB 980 Pro, 2TB Sabrent Rocket 4+, 2TB 980 Pro, 1TB Sabrent Rocket | HX1200i

Capture PC: Meshify XL | Designare TRX40 | AMD 3960X | 2xRTX 4070 TI | Trident Z (4x16GB) | 2TB 970 Evo Plus, 1TB 970 Evo Plus | Dual HDMI 4K Plus LT, 2xElgato 4K 60 Pro, HX850

Media / Render PC: Corsair 900D (shared) | ASRock X399M | AMD 2970WX | RTX 4070 TI | Trident Z (2x16GB) | 2TB Samsung 970 Evo | 2xElgato HD60 Pro | HX750
Full Room Watercooling: EK X3 400 | EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 | 4xHardware Labs 560GTX | 16xSilentWings 4 Pro  | EVGA 450 B3

Peripherals: Logitech G502 X |  Wooting 60HE | Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 | Logitech G502 Wireless | Logitech MX Keys Mechanical

Displays: Asus XG35VQ | 2xLG 24UD58-B | LG 65UH6030 | Asus VH242H | BenQ GW2480 | HP 22CWA | Kenowa CNC-1080P | Asus VC39H

Audio Interfaces : RME Fireface UFX+, Scarlett 18i20, RME HDSPe RayDAT, RME HDSPe MADI FX, RME ADI-648, RME ADI-192 DD

Audio Playback: 2xYamaha HS5 & Yamaha HS8s | Sennheiser HD820, Sennheiser IE 500 Pro, Ultimate Ears RR CIEMs

I honestly i don't know with the question.

16 hours ago, SirBatsy said:

I honestly i don't know with the question.

If you wanted the mic to function on your main PC for discord / game chat and wanted the game audio / mic to pick up on the stream I believe this is how you'd need to set it up:
Diagram_2.png

I am 90% certain that the USB output signal is not looped back into the input, so you can have your main PC audio output via USB and the Mic input via USB for game chat and discord without it picking up your game audio. Then you'd plug two of the main outputs into the stereo input (blue plug) on the streaming PC similar to what Ahoy Hoy was suggesting which would pick up the mic and game audio for the stream. If you wanted you could plug the streaming PC audio output (green plug) into channels 5/6 which would allow you to hear audio from your streaming PC when needed, however be aware that when you play audio via the streaming PC it will be picked up in the stream and in discord. Then you'd control the total output volume for the stream using the red knob in the bottom right hand corner and the knob just above that for your headphones, actually a good thing you can can control them independently because the volume you want coming to your headphones may not be the volume you want on stream. Furthermore this leaves the two balanced XLR outputs for speakers if you ever wanted to hook some up, but you'd have to unplug them or switch them off when streaming as the "stream audio" would come through the speakers otherwise.

Sorry that's a bit confusing but that's the only way I can think of setting things up that allows exclusively the mic to be picked up in discord and game chat while everything is pickled up on stream.

Main PC: Corsair 900D | ProArt Z690-Creator | Intel 13900K | RTX 4090 | Trident Z5 (2x32GB) | 1TB 980 Pro, 2TB Sabrent Rocket 4+, 2TB 980 Pro, 1TB Sabrent Rocket | HX1200i

Capture PC: Meshify XL | Designare TRX40 | AMD 3960X | 2xRTX 4070 TI | Trident Z (4x16GB) | 2TB 970 Evo Plus, 1TB 970 Evo Plus | Dual HDMI 4K Plus LT, 2xElgato 4K 60 Pro, HX850

Media / Render PC: Corsair 900D (shared) | ASRock X399M | AMD 2970WX | RTX 4070 TI | Trident Z (2x16GB) | 2TB Samsung 970 Evo | 2xElgato HD60 Pro | HX750
Full Room Watercooling: EK X3 400 | EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 | 4xHardware Labs 560GTX | 16xSilentWings 4 Pro  | EVGA 450 B3

Peripherals: Logitech G502 X |  Wooting 60HE | Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 | Logitech G502 Wireless | Logitech MX Keys Mechanical

Displays: Asus XG35VQ | 2xLG 24UD58-B | LG 65UH6030 | Asus VH242H | BenQ GW2480 | HP 22CWA | Kenowa CNC-1080P | Asus VC39H

Audio Interfaces : RME Fireface UFX+, Scarlett 18i20, RME HDSPe RayDAT, RME HDSPe MADI FX, RME ADI-648, RME ADI-192 DD

Audio Playback: 2xYamaha HS5 & Yamaha HS8s | Sennheiser HD820, Sennheiser IE 500 Pro, Ultimate Ears RR CIEMs

56 minutes ago, TheAgnda said:

If you wanted the mic to function on your main PC for discord / game chat and wanted the game audio / mic to pick up on the stream I believe this is how you'd need to set it up:
Diagram_2.png

I am 90% certain that the USB output signal is not looped back into the input, so you can have your main PC audio output via USB and the Mic input via USB for game chat and discord without it picking up your game audio. Then you'd plug two of the main outputs into the stereo input (blue plug) on the streaming PC similar to what Ahoy Hoy was suggesting which would pick up the mic and game audio for the stream. If you wanted you could plug the streaming PC audio output (green plug) into channels 5/6 which would allow you to hear audio from your streaming PC when needed, however be aware that when you play audio via the streaming PC it will be picked up in the stream and in discord. Then you'd control the total output volume for the stream using the red knob in the bottom right hand corner and the knob just above that for your headphones, actually a good thing you can can control them independently because the volume you want coming to your headphones may not be the volume you want on stream. Furthermore this leaves the two balanced XLR outputs for speakers if you ever wanted to hook some up, but you'd have to unplug them or switch them off when streaming as the "stream audio" would come through the speakers otherwise.

Sorry that's a bit confusing but that's the only way I can think of setting things up that allows exclusively the mic to be picked up in discord and game chat while everything is pickled up on stream.

Alright sounds good

On 7/11/2018 at 11:17 AM, SirBatsy said:

Alright sounds good

PS these are the 3.5mm to dual 1/4 cables I would suggest:

UGREEN 3.5mm 1/8" TRS to Dual 6.35mm 1/4" TS

Shielded and braided, very high quality.

And 3.5mm to 1/4 TRS for headphones (unless your headphones have a 1/4 plug already):
UGREEN 6.35mm (1/4 inch) Male to 3.5mm (1/8 inch)

I believe you should already have everything else you need assuming you still have the USB cable that came with the mixer. 

If not it's a 2.0 USB B to USB A cable:

AmazonBasics USB 2.0 Cable - A-Male to B-Male

Edit: According to community guidelines you aren't suppose to use the share button on Amazon / shortened links. I have updated the post to contain appropriate links, apologies for the inconvenience.

23 hours ago, TheAgnda said:

I would also suggest you don't use two mono mic inputs for the output of your main PC when there are stereo input channels just over to the right. Not to mention that mic inputs 1 & 2 have compression that you'd probably want to utilize with the microphones... This is how johnny5c is suggesting you set things up:
Diagram.png 
But correct me if I'm wrong, the MG10XU only has 1 stereo input right (over USB)? Wouldn't this mean that if he wanted to run something like discord on the streaming PC for voice chat it would now pick up his game audio and his mic? Wouldn't be able to utilize discord or voice chat on his main PC either because the microphone is only going to the streaming PC no?

You're correct, USB has 1 stereo input and 1 stereo output.  Mine is setup as a DAW and I don't stream much but when I do I use the above setup with a USB headset connected to the gaming PC and then use Voicemeeter Banana to select what goes to the mixer and headset.  Your diagram below should work just fine because the USB channel doesn't loop back but in this case the mixer really complicates things because you just use audio over HDMI to the capture device.

12 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

You're correct, USB has 1 stereo input and 1 stereo output.  Mine is setup as a DAW and I don't stream much but when I do I use the above setup with a USB headset connected to the gaming PC and then use Voicemeeter Banana to select what goes to the mixer and headset.  Your diagram below should work just fine because the USB channel doesn't loop back but in this case the mixer really complicates things because you just use audio over HDMI to the capture device.

So in your case you are using Voicemeter on the main PC to route game audio to you USB headset and HDMI out, then you have the Soundboard plugged into the capture PC so it can pick up the mic, game audio just goes through HDMI to the capture card? If you were playing with someone else on discord and streaming are you running discord on the main pc or the streaming pc? And are you just using the headset mic for when you need to use game chat in something like Rainbow Six Siege? Sorry just trying to understand.

I guess if you just ran the computer audio through the HDMI into the capture card then you could use voice meter on the capture PC to output the game audio to the soundboard? That way only the mic would be picked up for discord on the capture PC. I forget about voicemeter, I don't use it because my RME Interfaces basically mimic what it can do and more (combine / route output / inputs with various digital and physical channels) but it seems like pretty good software.

Seems like the main "problem" most people have is routeing 1 mic to two computers, so they just end up using and additional mic on a headset or something for the main PC. I'm fortunate that RME's solution allows one to route a singular mic on it's own input channel to as many computers as are in the chain.

On 7/12/2018 at 12:09 AM, TheAgnda said:

So in your case you are using Voicemeter on the main PC to route game audio to you USB headset and HDMI out, then you have the Soundboard plugged into the capture PC so it can pick up the mic, game audio just goes through HDMI to the capture card? If you were playing with someone else on discord and streaming are you running discord on the main pc or the streaming pc? And are you just using the headset mic for when you need to use game chat in something like Rainbow Six Siege? Sorry just trying to understand.

I guess if you just ran the computer audio through the HDMI into the capture card then you could use voice meter on the capture PC to output the game audio to the soundboard? That way only the mic would be picked up for discord on the capture PC. I forget about voicemeter, I don't use it because my RME Interfaces basically mimic what it can do and more (combine / route output / inputs with various digital and physical channels) but it seems like pretty good software.

Seems like the main "problem" most people have is routeing 1 mic to two computers, so they just end up using and additional mic on a headset or something for the main PC. I'm fortunate that RME's solution allows one to route a singular mic on it's own input channel to as many computers as are in the chain.

I found this on the internet do you think I can do this with my mixer?

https://imgur.com/tEZMlWy

17 hours ago, SirBatsy said:

I found this on the internet do you think I can do this with my mixer?

https://imgur.com/tEZMlWy

Not with the mixer you have, the Behringer in the example you posted allows for sending individual channels to the auxiliary output, this allows one to send only the mic back into the main PC while the USB is plugged into the streaming PC for everything else.

The only way I can think of setting up your board so you have solely the mic going to the main PC and all the audio together going into the stream is with the last diagram I posted. However as stated when you play audio on the streaming PC it will be picked up on stream and in voice chat on the main PC, I personally see no other way to do it. You could always get a different soundboard that allows for more options if you are dissatisfied with what you have.

On 7/16/2018 at 9:44 PM, TheAgnda said:

Not with the mixer you have, the Behringer in the example you posted allows for sending individual channels to the auxiliary output, this allows one to send only the mic back into the main PC while the USB is plugged into the streaming PC for everything else.

The only way I can think of setting up your board so you have solely the mic going to the main PC and all the audio together going into the stream is with the last diagram I posted. However as stated when you play audio on the streaming PC it will be picked up on stream and in voice chat on the main PC, I personally see no other way to do it. You could always get a different soundboard that allows for more options if you are dissatisfied with what you have.

Im probably gonna buy that mixer but thanks anyways for the help

Wait there are other models of my mixer like Yamaha MG12XU which is bigger. Do you think its any different like the Behringer or same as mine but bigger.