Help me find a real 4k@60hz splitter

Go to solution Solved by John Ellmaker,

Just wondering, why not use a display port to hdmi cable for like $9 on your bedroom monitor assuming your speakers and headphones are in the bedroom then use the hdmi cable for the other tv and then you won’t neee a splitter

hi guys

I have a powerful pc that i use for everything from video games to movies and its right behind my 4K 65 inch display in my bedroom and separated from a wall to the living room a 4k 65 inch display. I have already tested and my wireless k/b and mouse work in the living room  as well as my pc controller.

Now all i need is a hdmi splitter that will output 4k@60hz.

The ones i seem to find online that say they will have user reviews that say they dont or that hdr didnt work.

I know cable length matters but i can get a 1ft hdmi cable to splitter then i have several 3-10ft hdmi cables.

I dont want to wear out my hdmi tv ports swapping them every time i want to enjoy my living room.

Does anyone have a working 4k @60hz splitter and or can recommend one that will work ?

Thanks

8700k , 32gb ram , 2080 ti ftw3 ultra , msi gaming m5 , 7.1 kilpsch rp series , denon srh750 , sony 65x900f, 27tb's hdd's+ssd's , cooler master h500p modded case

Just wondering, why not use a display port to hdmi cable for like $9 on your bedroom monitor assuming your speakers and headphones are in the bedroom then use the hdmi cable for the other tv and then you won’t neee a splitter

I have never used a display port before.

will the audio from the tv that the display port to hdmi cable is connected still output audio to my soundbar via the tv's hdmi-arc port ?

8700k , 32gb ram , 2080 ti ftw3 ultra , msi gaming m5 , 7.1 kilpsch rp series , denon srh750 , sony 65x900f, 27tb's hdd's+ssd's , cooler master h500p modded case

ok i did some investigating and the 1080 ti should output audio via display port so thanks John Ellmaker.

• 1 month later...

I tried the dvi to hdmi adapter and i used the best rated one on amazon Club3D CAC-1080 Active DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.0b HDR Adapter (support displays up to 4k/UHD/ 4096x2160 @60Hz HDR)  and while it gave me a working picture 4k@60hz in the living room the adapter only allowed 16bit audio.

That would have been ok but then the hdmi port on the asus 1080ti would drop the picture to a black screen every 3-5 secs while the dvi to hdmi adapter was plugged in even though the 2nd tv wasnt on.

so im back to having to use 2 pc's but its not a big deal anymore as i bought a cheap low profile gpu card for the 2nd pc.

Just thought i mention it in case anyone else tries this adapter they will know what to expect.