a dual graphics card question

Braeden Of Rhea

so I have a quick question I am running a GTX 760 with two monitors I was wondering if there is a way I can actually plug in my old graphics card which is at GTX 750 so I am wondering if I can run my separate monitor on a separate graphics card like my main monitor handles all the gaming and whatnot with the GTX 760 and my second monitor could be ran on the GTX 750 but still drag Windows to both of them also if someone can detail how I would go about doing this

Thank you for any help. This is a note that I have a hard Time reading and writing. so I have to use mostly Free Speech to Text options to get by and free reading software that does not always catch the errors in my writing. and also doesn't always hear the punctuation marks. So I thank you for your patience and understanding and ask that you do not point out or ridicule my disability. I am doing the best I can with what I have I am sorry to say this is actually the only form I've actually had to post a signature like this on for any time i need help.

4 minutes ago, ravage007 said:

Having an extra GPU isn't going to change your gaming performance.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Not exactly buddy,

However you can enable output from both your mobo and your GPU if you are desperate for that extra monitor(s) plugin.

This can be done in the BIOS.

Cheers

You technically could, but why would you? Just use your 760 as is, driving both monitors while gaming on one.

If you add the 750 you're just gonna use up more power. You can't SLI the 760 and 750 together so gaming wise it will have no impact.

1) Gaming Rig: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TZskD2

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @ 4.2GHz OC | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N-WiFi ITX | RAM: 2x8GB DDR3-1600MHz G.Skill Ripjaws X-series | GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 Ti SC @ 1817MHz OC

PSU: EVGA 650W G2 80+ Gold | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo w/ Noctua NF-F12 Fan | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: WD Blue 2TB

Monitor: Dell S2417DG 1440p @ 144Hz w/ G-Sync | Speakers: M-Audio Studiophile AV40 | Keyboard: Corsair K65 Compact Cherry MX Red | Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury

2) Digital Forensics Rig: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sWV7w6

CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.3GHzMotherboard: ASRock EP2C612D16-4L RAM: 8x16GB DDR4-2133MHz Samsung ECC Server Memory

PSU: EVGA 1200W P2 80+ Platnium | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Cooler: 2x Noctua NH-U9DX i4 | SSD: Samsung 960 PRO 1TB | HDD: 4x WD Red 4TB

Monitor: 2x LG25UM56-P 2560x1080p @ 60Hz

I'm more looking into just giving my gaming experience a little extra boost because I like to watch movies as I game and not always on sites that can support Chromecast and I just wanted to make a graphics card dedicated for one monitor each

Thank you for any help. This is a note that I have a hard Time reading and writing. so I have to use mostly Free Speech to Text options to get by and free reading software that does not always catch the errors in my writing. and also doesn't always hear the punctuation marks. So I thank you for your patience and understanding and ask that you do not point out or ridicule my disability. I am doing the best I can with what I have I am sorry to say this is actually the only form I've actually had to post a signature like this on for any time i need help.

1 minute ago, ravage007 said:

I'm more looking into just giving my gaming experience a little extra boost because I like to watch movies as I game and not always on sites that can support Chromecast and I just wanted to make a graphics card dedicated for one monitor each

It will do literally nothing, except make your system run a bit hotter.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 minutes ago, willing said:

You technically could, but why would you? Just use your 760 as is, driving both monitors while gaming on one.

If you add the 750 you're just gonna use up more power. You can't SLI the 760 and 750 together so gaming wise it will have no impact.

I'm not looking at slaving them together I'm basically using one monitor as media and the other monitor as my gaming it was fine until now both of my monitors running at 1920 by 1080 which I really like that resolution I would prefer to stay at it

22 minutes ago, ravage007 said:

so I have a quick question I am running a GTX 760 with two monitors I was wondering if there is a way I can actually plug in my old graphics card which is at GTX 750 so I am wondering if I can run my separate monitor on a separate graphics card like my main monitor handles all the gaming and whatnot with the GTX 760 and my second monitor could be ran on the GTX 750 but still drag Windows to both of them also if someone can detail how I would go about doing this

This is possible.

It's not going to increase performance except by taking the strain off of your GTX 760.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

It will do literally nothing, except make your system run a bit hotter.

And also taking into account that your current components might not be able to power due to wattage limitations etc.

I'm not looking at slaving them together I'm basically using one monitor as media and the other monitor as my gaming it was fine until now both of my monitors running at 1920 by 1080 which I really like that resolution I would prefer to stay at it

You can still use my suggestion listed above.

Cheers.

Yes it will work. 

I don't see what's so hard in just answering people's question on this forum.  He said nothing about getting more performance or sli just as another graphics adapter to watch videos on.  But you could just use your built in gpu too. 

Firestrike 
i7-8700k @5.0GHz w/ 1.30v, Corsair h100iv2, Gigabye Aorus gaming 7, 16GB(8x2) 2666MHz ddr4, Dual RX470's OC'd to 1390mhz(atm) in corssfire - liguid cooled with corsair h60's, 3.25 TB in Samsung SSD's, anidees white crystal cube case 

Retired:
i5-4440k @3.2GHz, gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h z87, 24GB DDR3, 3x1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD.

1 minute ago, O9B0666 said:

Yes it will work. 

I don't see what's so hard in just answering people's question on this forum.  He said nothing about getting more performance or sli just as another graphics adapter to watch videos on.  But you could just use your built in gpu too. 

I agree, hence why my suggestion was to use the built in GPU too.

However, I also get other people's point of view.

Not here to bash anyone - Just a fella who has an opinion. :)

32 minutes ago, ravage007 said:

just pushing another display output doesnt use GPU's compute power, but rendering does. In other words, the 760's performance wont change whether you have the second monitor plugged in to it or not.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

This is possible.

It's not going to increase performance except by taking the strain off of your GTX 760.

Unless something changed in Windows 10, it actually slows everything down slightly by putting more load on the primary GPU.

41 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

just pushing another display output doesnt use GPU's compute power, but rendering does. In other words, the 760's performance wont change whether you have the second monitor plugged in to it or not.

It does use GPU power.  The entire desktop is rendered with DX10/11 rendering calls.

2 hours ago, Netivity said:

here to bash anyone - Just a fella who has an opinion. :)

I think you were the only one with an answer up until then lol post after post someone asks a question and it's just people's personal opinions or feedback rather trying to answer someone's post it's rediculous on this forum. 

Firestrike 
i7-8700k @5.0GHz w/ 1.30v, Corsair h100iv2, Gigabye Aorus gaming 7, 16GB(8x2) 2666MHz ddr4, Dual RX470's OC'd to 1390mhz(atm) in corssfire - liguid cooled with corsair h60's, 3.25 TB in Samsung SSD's, anidees white crystal cube case 

Retired:
i5-4440k @3.2GHz, gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h z87, 24GB DDR3, 3x1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD.

5 hours ago, AskTJ said:

Most games wont benefit from second GPU's.

you clearly did not read the post, and are 1 of many on this site who just like to give your opinion on something rather try to answer a question.

Firestrike 

Retired:

6 hours ago, ravage007 said:

I've tried using 2 GPUs and every time it's actually made performance worse. 

I've used 2 dedicated GPUs; and one GPU alongside the integrated one on my i5's. 

The biggest culprit has always been video too. Rocket League & Overwatch are my main benchmarks, as they both run at my main monitor's 144Hz rate at 1080p. 

Having a video paused causes no issues. Soon as I start it, framerates and fps drop from 144 into the 70s.

This happens with YouTube, Netflix, (chrome or Firefox) and local videos played through VLC & Windows Media player.

My main GPU is an R9 390, and I've paired it with an old Radeon HD6450, a GTX 970, and the i5 4690K's iGPU - same result every time. 

My solution to all of this was to get a suction-cup mount for my phone & an aux cable. My phone is mounted to my PC right next to my monitor & audio is fed into the Line-in Port. All my video is done on my mobile & my PC is 100% gaming.

13 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

This is possible.

& that is what i am wanting to do

I think what the OP  asking is,  can he use the gtx750  on his second monitor as if he was running both monitors off of the gtx760  and just leave the 760 to the main monitor/gaming usage?  and if so  how?