Switching from iOS to android for phone, using OSX and iPad

NeoZeon

So like the title says, I am thinking of switching to android, thinking of getting the HTC one. The biggest reason I am hesitant right now besides the price of the one, is that i am fully built into the Apple Ecosystem ( wow, don't flame me). How would I go about transfering all my contacts, calendar, and music to the google ecosystem. Is it possible to have this sync with my ipad too? Will it be hard to maintain?

Anyway, I guess I am also looking for general suggestions. I know about linus's iSwitched video... but I have never really been an android user. I mostly dont care alot about what is one my phone, but I would like the bigger screen as I do a lot of reeding on both my phone and ipad. I use the kindle app, so I am not worried about that.

Thanks guys

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

I think htc has a program for transferring your contacts and calander I am not sure about the music but you should just be able to drag the music from your itunes music library directly to the phone.

Corsair 650 D Case  - I7 2700k OC to 4.5  - 16 gb 1866 corsair vengeance ram  - 7970 OC 1200 MHz Clock speed stock memory speed  - Xonar STX  - ASUS Maximus IV EXTREME-Z  - Corsair AX850 PS  - 2TB HardDrive - Corsair Force 3 240GB SSD as the boot disk for windows 7 Pro  - Das Ultimate Silent Keyboard  - Razer Deathadder Mouse  - Sony MDR V6 Studio Monitoring Headphones  - 2Benq G2420HD Monitors

Yaaay someone else in my boat, iPad included - I've just ordered a One in replacement for an iPhone 4. I spoke to Linus on Skype and when I asked was there anything he missed about iOS now that he's using the One and his exact words were; "Honestly nothing. I don't miss iOS at all."

From speaking to Slick who has an SIII, transferring content such as music is as easy as dragging and dropping like it was a flash drive. However there are programs from what I've seen that can manage content for you but I guess I'll find out.

When mine arrives I'll be sure to let you know how it all works out, especially with the contact info being synced between my iPad and One.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I've had my one for a day and so far I love it. Sense for me is quite useful as are a few of the other things like the TV remote and stuff. As for transferring data, well that's been interesting. I've come from a complete Apple ecoystem (Macbook, iPad and iPhone). For me I exported my contact book from the Address Book on my Mac as a vCard and then went into gMail and imported the contact file. Then on the phone I simply got it to pull contact details from my gMail account. If you do the appropriate setup on your iPad you should also then be able to use gMail as a source of contacts.

For the calendar, I honestly don't quite know as I don't use a digital calendar. Music; I use a mix of iTunes for music purchases as well as the HTC Sync manager that came with the phone to manage my general library. It's a bit clunky at the moment but once I've got my desktop built and working I plan to use iTunes as a general library then use the "Use iTunes library" function on the software to copy playlists and the like across. 

I also highly recommend downloading powertoggles. 

Sync your contacts and calendars to google Contacts, iTunes allows you to do that.

I switched and I did what i mentioned, worked 100%