New Keyboard or New Headset?

Adam_Cr1
Go to solution Solved by Kaasgeelheid,

I'll go for the keyboard then.

I was thinking this one? http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/peripherals/keyboards/gaming/dk2108buklla.html

Great great great great choice. I have the backlit version and I don't think it'll break in at least 20 years.

Doing a Linus with it is nearly impossible.

Hi Everyone.

I'm in dire need of a new keyboard and a new headset but I can only afford one at the moment.

Which would you go for? Both are in need of an upgrade.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k  GPU: Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC

headsets are not good, and 5 dollar earbuds work just as good as 80 dollar headsets

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Depends on what you currently have.

Interested in Business and Technology

Mechanical keyboard master race!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

headsets are not good, and 5 dollar earbuds work just as good as 80 dollar headsets

Plain old not true, I have G35 and I am in no way an audiophile but the G35s get me great sound and sound insulation, makes loud sounds less distracting. Also the 3d sound on a gaming headset may sound like a gimmick and while it doesn't affect your gameplay it definitely adds immersion I can definetly tell the difference from earbuds, plus comfort... On that note Get a mechanical Keyboard as headsets are great but are not important to being able to game.

Plain old not true, I have G35 and I am in no way an audiophile but the G35s get me great sound and sound insulation, makes loud sounds less distracting. Also the 3d sound on a gaming headset may sound like a gimmick and while it doesn't affect your gameplay it definitely adds immersion I can definetly tell the difference from earbuds, plus comfort... On that note Get a mechanical Keyboard as headsets are great but are not important to being able to game.

let me rephrase that. for gaming, high end audio solutions are not necissairy. for hearing a dude walk up on you, you dont need custom one pro's

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

let me rephrase that. for gaming, high end audio solutions are not necissairy. for hearing a dude walk up on you, you dont need custom one pro

Yah thats better lol, I just meant that a headset is definetly worth the money but not required, but neither is a good keyboard, however a good keyboard makes more of a difference

Yah thats better lol, I just meant that a headset is definetly worth the money but not required, but neither is a good keyboard, however a good keyboard makes more of a difference

i would consider a good mouse better than a good keyboard

im in the same boat, i have a keyboard that uses a keyboard port (think its called a PS2 port, dont quote me on that) and a crappy pair of "headrush" headphones, the keyboard is junk so i need that first, i recommend the same. get the keyboard first

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

I don't play with a headset most  of the time, so I'd go with new keyboard

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

I was thinking this one? http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/peripherals/keyboards/gaming/dk2108buklla.html

Its not a bad keyboard as it is made by ducky which would have a great build quality. You could also check out Coolermaster's mechanical keyboards.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Great great great great choice. I have the backlit version and I don't think it'll break in at least 20 years.

Doing a Linus with it is nearly impossible.

THE signature

Bought! Thanks for the advice guys!

CPU: Intel i5 4690k  GPU: Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC