Question regarding water flow and the importance of it..

Hi guys,

as the title suggests, I have a question regarding water flow.

First of all, my setup:

I have a 900D with a custom water cooling loop in it. The loop is cooling one R9 290 and an i7 2600k. 

The loop consists of 2 triple 120mm radiators, one quad 120mm radiator, 1 140mm radiator, and of course CPU and GPU water block. I know this is a lot of radiators, but I wanted to fill out the case with as many radiators as I could. My res is a bay res with a pump kind of deal. So I am worried that the pump might not be able to move the water quickly enough? The bay res is a XSPC 750 Dual Bay Reservoir Pump V4.

Now I have a Laing D5 pump laying around. I was wondering if it would be worth the hassle to add it to my loop to get more flow?

Or will it not make any difference?

My temps are not bad at all, but if I could get better temps just by adding the pump, I would do it.

Thanks a bunch.

The pump included in the 750 bay res is not well regarded. The D5 is superior in every way.

What are the temps on your cpu?

As you know, You have far more radiators than you need and there comes a point when adding more radiators will not help temps and will just decrease the flow rate slightly.

The pump in the res is okay, but I would definitely not use it for a setup this big. The D5 is as NRG said superior in every way and if you have one laying around there is no reason what so ever not to use it.

You can also take this opportunity to get a tube res so the front of your 900d doesn't look ruined ;)

The pump included in the 750 bay res is not well regarded. The D5 is superior in every way.

What are the temps on your cpu?

As you know, You have far more radiators than you need and there comes a point when adding more radiators will not help temps and will just decrease the flow rate slightly.

I get 71 degrees max on the cpu @ 4,7 ghz and 1.425 volts, which I know is a lot...

The water when gaming does get warmed up a bit, so I might get a radiator more ;) But we'll see. 

It sounds like I might as well put a D5 in the beast. I might just add a tube res though. I like the look of the bayres in the front, and it does add water to the system, so I might get both a tube res and keep the bay res in there. 

Can I get a tube res that has a D5 (or similar, I know it gets rebranded with all kind of names.) attached to it?

I know it's crazy, but I like cooling, and I got the money, so why not? :b

Do you guys know if a dual 120mm will fit in the front? Also if there are something like an 80mm thick dual radiator out there?

I get 71 degrees max on the cpu @ 4,7 ghz and 1.425 volts, which I know is a lot...

The water when gaming does get warmed up a bit, so I might get a radiator more ;) But we'll see. 

It sounds like I might as well put a D5 in the beast. I might just add a tube res though. I like the look of the bayres in the front, and it does add water to the system, so I might get both a tube res and keep the bay res in there. 

Can I get a tube res that has a D5 (or similar, I know it gets rebranded with all kind of names.) attached to it?

I know it's crazy, but I like cooling, and I got the money, so why not? :b

Do you guys know if a dual 120mm will fit in the front? Also if there are something like an 80mm thick dual radiator out there?

xspc-d5-photon-170_02.jpg

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=39186 for 170mm (250mm overall)

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=39187 for 270mm (350mm overall)

You can get many different kinds of tube res with built in D5s or brackets to add them. Aquacomputer, EK, XSPC etc.

You can get 80mm thick 240s but there's no point in you doing it with your current setup.

I would say a D5 will lower your temps slightly. (I take it 71c is not your gaming temp?)

Thanks, mate :)

You can get many different kinds of tube res with built in D5s or brackets to add them. Aquacomputer, EK, XSPC etc.

You can get 80mm thick 240s but there's no point in you doing it with your current setup.

I would say a D5 will lower your temps slightly. (I take it 71c is not your gaming temp?)

Maybe the fact that there is no point of doing it is the point of doing it?

No, 71c is prime95 small FFT.