Checking post out of case. How to turn on?

How do i check if my mobo posts out of the case,  from what ive seen plug in ram, cpu, cooler, power cables.  But then people are saying use a screwdriver on the power header.

Is there another way, is it safe?

Something I have done before is removed the I/O ports on the case and then wired it up to the mobo. That would work too if your case allows it.

If you're really concerned about this you can pick up a little click button with cables from a PC repair shop or online. It's actually more convenient that way.

However it's perfectly fine to short the header pins when powering on the computer it's very low voltage/current. The power on pins should be labeled on your motherboard. If not it'll tell you in the motherboard manual. The only real concern here is if you drop your conductive material (a screw driver) and it consequently breaks something on the board.

Using a screwdriver is the easiest and cheapest way, but if you really don't want to do that, I have used these in some custom builds and they are very nice:

https://www.amazon.com/KNACRO-Chassis-Switch-computer-restart/dp/B01MT3277L/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1529681620&sr=8-4&keywords=pc+power+switch

Current System: MoonLightRyzen

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x @ 3.9ghz  Board: Asus ROG C6H  Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 3000mhz  Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC in SLI M.2: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512gb x2 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB and 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM850x White  Cooler: XSPC/Phanteks Custom Loop 

Backup System: RedDragonV3.0

FX-8350 @ 4.7ghz, Asus TUF Sabertooth 990fx r3.0, MSI GTX 1060 6gb Gaming X, Crucial Balistix Tracer 32gb, M.2 Samsung 960 Evo 250,

Seagate Firecudda 2tb, Seagate Barracuda 2tb, NZXT S340 Elite White, Kraken X62, Corsair RM750x, Hue+