ways to increase vram factory motherboard

my brother has a HP 15-f387wm notebook with a amd a8-7410 apu 8G memory he wants to game on the road i was looking in the bios to see if i can add vram to the apu but i don't see the xmp memory profile is it because its a factory motherboard or do i need to update the bios 

It's probably a locked down motherboard. A lot of manufacturers with OEM boards are locked down from overclocking and adjusting a lot of the settings. Also, vram will not make much of a difference in performance. What is he trying to play on there?

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

well minecraft borderlands 1 and 2 fallout nv dark souls 

2 hours ago, EarthWormJM2 said:

It's probably a locked down motherboard. A lot of manufacturers with OEM boards are locked down from overclocking and adjusting a lot of the settings. Also, vram will not make much of a difference in performance. What is he trying to play on there?

well minecraft borderlands 1 and 2 fallout nv dark souls but its there a way to unlock it 

13 hours ago, Nickinum said:

well minecraft borderlands 1 and 2 fallout nv dark souls but its there a way to unlock it 

Hmmm, Yea, that APU should already be powerful enough to play those games at low-medium settings on that laptop. There really isn't anything you can do to an APU besides overclock it that will really make any noticeable difference in performance. (which you are locked out of doing by the OEM board) And no, there isn't really any way to unlock it. Sometimes you can flash the BIOS with an unlocked BIOS,( if one even exists for that board) but you run the risk of bricking your motherboard, I don't recommend messing with that. Your best bet is making sure background processes are running at a minimum and possibly swapping his HDD for an SSD for a slight boost in load times and stuttering in open world games, but that's about it. Might be time to look into saving up for his next computer. 

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

4 hours ago, EarthWormJM2 said:
4 hours ago, EarthWormJM2 said:

Hmmm, Yea, that APU should already be powerful enough to play those games at low-medium settings on that laptop. There really isn't anything you can do to an APU besides overclock it that will really make any noticeable difference in performance. (which you are locked out of doing by the OEM board) And no, there isn't really any way to unlock it. Sometimes you can flash the BIOS with an unlocked BIOS,( if one even exists for that board) but you run the risk of bricking your motherboard, I don't recommend messing with that. Your best bet is making sure background processes are running at a minimum and possibly swapping his HDD for an SSD for a slight boost in load times and stuttering in open world games, but that's about it. Might be time to look into saving up for his next computer. 

thank you for you help