240W PSU , please help me

Diarrrrrrr

again i need your help , again again again , today i saw that my psu its only 240W -_- , will it handle my gpu gainward gtx 1050 2gb , that needs 300W ? please help me if you can. thanks

35686790_472470603206584_2414545101012336640_n.jpg

I would recommend against that. If it says it needs 300W, you'll want to use something around at least 500W. Your video card is not the only thing that draws power, so if that is not even going to cover your Video Card, you've got a problem.

1 minute ago, Spaceman_Wil said:

I would recommend against that. If it says it needs 300W, you'll want to use something around at least 500W. Your video card is not the only thing that draws power, so if that is not even going to cover your Video Card, you've got a problem.

idk if a 500W psu will be compatible with my pc size :( 

What PC is this? Is it an HP Compaq elite SFF?

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Probably fine, it's from FSP. What CPU are you using?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, Diarrrrrrr said:

idk if a 500W psu will be compatible with my pc size :( 

You may look into a new case then, or post a picture of your case and internals so we can see what you have to work with.

1 minute ago, Spaceman_Wil said:

A 1050 draws somewhere around 75W if memory serves.  The 300W recommendation is for your entire system, although it's hardly accurate.

@Diarrrrrrr As long as you get one that doesn't require an extra power connector, it will be fine.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

What PC is this? Is it an HP Compaq elite SFF?

its lenovo thinkcentre m series , idk which

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

intel core i7-2600 3.4ghz

intel core i7-2600 3.4ghz

Eh...I don't know. It'll still probably be fine, but I'd get a better PSU if I were you.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, Diarrrrrrr said:

its lenovo thinkcentre m series , idk which

Ok, then it should be fine. With the GPU installed it should only consume 180-190 watts under load.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

5 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

so can i put my gpu on my motherboard ? 

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Eh...I don't know. It'll still probably be fine, but I'd get a better PSU if I were you.

Unless he gets one of those bizarre models that doesn't get all its power from the PCIe slot, it shouldn't have any issues.

@Wh0_Am_1 Getting close to 1000 posts. ;)

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

5 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

A 1050 draws somewhere around 75W if memory serves.  The 300W recommendation is for your entire system, although it's hardly accurate.

@Diarrrrrrr As long as you get one that doesn't require an extra power connector, it will be fine.

am i free to put the 10502GB ? and to not worries

Just now, Diarrrrrrr said:

so can i put my gpu on my motherboard ? 

Yes if it doesn't have external power connectors.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

am i free to put the 10502GB ? and to not worries

Yes, as long as the model you buy doesn't require one of these:

SATPCIEXADAP.C.jpg

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

Yes, as long as the model you buy doesn't require one of these:

SATPCIEXADAP.C.jpg

no it doesnt require those

its only to put and work 

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Yes if it doesn't have external power connectors.

i think its only the fan of cpu

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Unless he gets one of those bizarre models that doesn't get all its power from the PCIe slot, it shouldn't have any issues.

@Wh0_Am_1 Getting close to 1000 posts. ;)

Yep! Thanks! I was thinking about creating a topic in Off Topic to celebrate, but I think that this post will do. B| Image result for fireworks gif 1000 Posts!!!

1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Yep! Thanks! I was thinking about creating a topic in Off Topic to celebrate, but I think that this post will do. B| Image result for fireworks gif 1000 Posts!!!

happy 1000 posts B| 

3 minutes ago, Diarrrrrrr said:

i think its only the fan of cpu

No, like, if the GPU doesn't need a 6 pin connector you'll be fine (it shouldn't need one, but who knows).

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Congrats :D 

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

happy 1000 posts B| 

Congrats :D 

Thanks!