DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Simplejack

Recently, my internet hasn't been working properly. When I am loading most websites, they don't load up and appear as "__________server IP address could not be found." and below says  "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN". (some basic sites still work such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube).  I've tried using sources online for help. I changed my server to Cloudfare's to 1.1.1.1 and the alternate DNS as 1.0.0.1. Still nothing changed. I've tried renewing my IP address using Command Prompt. However, it says "No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while media is disconnected". I've tried looking all across the internet for help but I couldn't find anything helpful. Can anyone help me please :( ? Thank you! 

Source: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-dns-probe-finished-nxdomain-chrome/

( This is the best source I could find on the internet. I think I need to use method 2 but it display ""No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while media is disconnected" for 12/13 when I am trying to renew my IP address.) 

I've tried using >ipconfig /flushdns. It does its task but I still have no access to sites. 

I wonder if performing a DNS flush would help. It might have cached results from the previous DNS server so it's not querying Cloudflares

Thank you for responding! I've tried >ipconfig /flushdns and it performs. However, it hasn't changed the fact I can't access the internet. 

Recently, my internet hasn't been working properly. When I am loading most websites, they don't load up and appear as "__________server IP address could not be found." and below says  "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN". (some basic sites still work such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube).  I've tried using sources online for help. I changed my server to Cloudfare's to 1.1.1.1 and the alternate DNS as 1.0.0.1. Still nothing changed. I've tried renewing my IP address usingCommand Prompt. However, it says "No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while media is disconnected". I've tried looking all across the internet for help but I couldn't find anything helpful. Can anyone help me please :( ? Thank you! 

Source: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-dns-probe-finished-nxdomain-chrome/

( This is the best source I could find on the internet. I think I need to use method 2 but it display ""No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while media is disconnected" for 12/13 when I am trying to renew my IP address.) 

I've tried using >ipconfig /flushdns. It does its task but I still have no access to sites. 

I've tried using the troubleshooting forum but its just too small to get any help! I hope you guys can understand. :( 

Have you tried restarting your PC and router and modem?

Is it happening on all devices or only one computer?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

All devices. Yes, I have tried resetting my computer and router/modem. I called my IPS to do a hard reset as well. 

I don't think it's the cable. I still get a signal and some internet access. It's just that I can't access certain websites. Ex. reddit, stores, my bank account sites

On 6/19/2018 at 1:28 AM, Simplejack said:

Recently, my internet hasn't been working properly. When I am loading most websites, they don't load up and appear as "__________server IP address could not be found." and below says  "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN". (some basic sites still work such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube).  I've tried using sources online for help. I changed my server to Cloudfare's to 1.1.1.1 and the alternate DNS as 1.0.0.1. Still nothing changed. I've tried renewing my IP address usingCommand Prompt. However, it says "No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while media is disconnected". I've tried looking all across the internet for help but I couldn't find anything helpful. Can anyone help me please :( ? Thank you! 

I've tried using the troubleshooting forum but its just too small to get any help! I hope you guys can understand. :( 

I had two similar issues with limited access. The first can only be corrected by your isp provider

1. My ISP had to come out and re-run some wiring and some how the one connector that connects from the inside to the outside became very lose. Once those fixes were applied everything returned to normal.

2. The second issue was due to drivers on my network card were not getting along with Windows. I could never get a proper fix for this due to most of the issues were at Windows 8.1 end. Once Windows 10 was applied it seemed to fix most of the problems, from time to time the issues does pop-up. I just disable and re-enable the device to fix it.

Also have you tried other web browsers just to see if it's only chrome creating the issue? Not sure if you can do this or not, if you have access to any ftp sites see if you can download at your normal speeds. Could be a bug in software creating all this.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

• 1 year later...

Hi There, I was searching for a solution for this same issue. Thanks everyone on this forum for your suggestions. I found that resetting Winsock resolved the issue for me. Makes sense. Winsock manages input and output requests for Internet applications on Windows. Therefore, resetting it helped me to get rid of DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. I also found the solution in article was also really helpful with possible solutions- https://supertechman.com.au/chrome-how-to-fix-error-code-dns_probe_finished_nxdomain/