Team Blue assistance needed; i3 8100?

Go to solution Solved by DKL,

If you're building a home/desktop/ other integrated graphics build - go for the 2200G.
If you're building for gaming or other dedicated graphics build - go for the i3 8100.

Hi,

I have heard(seen) some compelling arguments for the Red team. Blue team, why should I get an i3 8100 over a Ryzen 2200G?

There are a lot fo things to consider. You would really need to say "Why would I get XX over YY" to make some good comparisons. Can't compare against nothing. 

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

6 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

There are a lot fo things to consider. You would really need to say "Why would I get XX over YY" to make some good comparisons. Can't compare against nothing. 

i3 8100 vs Ryzen 2200G

Honestly, you shouldn't. 2200G performs more or less the same at stock, but it's overclockable so it can beat out the 8100

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

the i3-8100 doesn't have a powerful iGPU, but yes CPU benchmarks the i3 wins ahead because of it's higher single thread performance than ryzen 3 2200G (it's based on first gen zen)

But the Ryzen 3 2200G has a decent performing iGPU which i think will be compelling for some people that can't afford a GPU

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

I'm not big on overclocking, never tried it. This would be my first ever build. 

https://www.tomshardware.co.uk/intel-core-i3-8100-cpu-review,review-34159-6.html the i3 8100 is generally a better performer in games, but costs $20 more. the iGPU is much better on the 2200G if you need to save up for a GPU.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

If you're building a home/desktop/ other integrated graphics build - go for the 2200G.
If you're building for gaming or other dedicated graphics build - go for the i3 8100.

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

42 minutes ago, masterRACE said:

Hi,

I have heard(seen) some compelling arguments for the Red team. Blue team, why should I get an i3 8100 over a Ryzen 2200G?

If your budget is only $600 you should just be getting an R3 2200G PC with one of the 1080p 75hz free-sync over HDMI displays, saving the rest for a future GPU.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

9 hours ago, Streetguru said:

If your budget is only $600 you should just be getting an R3 2200G PC with one of the 1080p 75hz free-sync over HDMI displays, saving the rest for a future GPU.

I will look into that, thanks!