Soft-bricked Samsung S4 SM-S975L. Need fix.

KyleDigitalLab
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I just want a fix. Nobody has replied to any of my help requests. Just please, give me a fix..... I'll love you.

So I rooted my Tracfone Samsung Galaxy S4 SM-S975L. Then I tried to flash TWRP onto my phone. That didn't work. No problem, I can use a different way to flash. Then the Wi-Fi stopped working. Whenever I turned on the Wi-Fi, it turned itself off. So I decided to factory reset. But now the phone won't let me proceed without Wi-Fi. 

So I decided to flash the stock ROM using ODIN . However, ODIN again failed to flash it, and whenever I boot my phone it says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." I can still access Download mode however. I cannot flash anything on the phone. Here's the output from ODIN:

I62pGb.png

I downloaded the stock ROM from https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?record=67AE856C200711E6949E0CC47A44B7B2

Also, the text at the upper-right corner of my phone is: https://hastebin.com/wefoxikamu.sql

First of all I will your "upper right" corner stuff seems odd, knox warranty is still 0x0 :O.

By "I can't flash anything" do you mean you get the same error in odin?

Step by Step Fix:

1.Find the right stock firmware for your phone (sammobile should have it)

2.maybe restart your pc if you haven't yet ;)

3. open odin as administrator

4. plug the usb cable into a usb 2.0 ON THE BACK SIDE of your computer (test out all the ports)

5. Flash the damn right file, perhaps you haven't unpacked the firmware u downloaded as a .rar file. Double check whether you have the right fw for ur phone!

My guess: corrupt download, redownload the fw again.

6.Check the settings in the options menu in odin (i think mass d/l?) also there should be an option called "auto reboot" or something like that. turn it off as many have reported issues lately when odin is done flashing and tries to auro reboot.

7. Flash the firmware.

8. If same error, then do me a favour and ask a friend's pc to do it or u have a 2nd one <--- I tried to repair my s4 a few yrs ago, NOTHING WORKED, I thought I bit the worst crap ever but then I just asked a friend to do it at his own pc and it worked immediately!

If more errors persist, ask me.

3 minutes ago, System.exit(0) said:

Every ROM I have tried won't flash. 

13 minutes ago, Kyle2000 said:

Every ROM I have tried won't flash. 

What is the exact issue? is it the same message? 

try all steps first. 

3 minutes ago, System.exit(0) said:

What is the exact issue? is it the same message? 

try all steps first. 

OK, I will try your steps tomorrow (I'm kinda sleepy rn)

On 6/18/2018 at 8:47 PM, System.exit(0) said:

First of all I will your "upper right" corner stuff seems odd, knox warranty is still 0x0 :O.

Step by Step Fix:

1.Find the right stock firmware for your phone (sammobile should have it)

2.maybe restart your pc if you haven't yet ;)

3. open odin as administrator

4. plug the usb cable into a usb 2.0 ON THE BACK SIDE of your computer (test out all the ports)

5. Flash the damn right file, perhaps you haven't unpacked the firmware u downloaded as a .rar file. Double check whether you have the right fw for ur phone!

My guess: corrupt download, redownload the fw again.

6.Check the settings in the options menu in odin (i think mass d/l?) also there should be an option called "auto reboot" or something like that. turn it off as many have reported issues lately when odin is done flashing and tries to auro reboot.

7. Flash the firmware.

8. If same error, then do me a favour and ask a friend's pc to do it or u have a 2nd one <--- I tried to repair my s4 a few yrs ago, NOTHING WORKED, I thought I bit the worst crap ever but then I just asked a friend to do it at his own pc and it worked immediately!

If more errors persist, ask me.

SamMobile wants me to pay.

"This firmware is only available for premium users. 
Please click here to become premium."
It wants  €14.50

9 hours ago, Kyle2000 said:

SamMobile wants me to pay.

"This firmware is only available for premium users. 
Please click here to become premium."
It wants  €14.50

Tell me the exact firmware name: 

13 hours ago, Kyle2000 said:

Yea this Phone doesn't seem to have much information around the net.

try this:https://firmwareupdatefile.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-sm-s975l-firmware-download-custom-rom.html

check infos twice though, I didn't looked through all the firmwares info. Better safe that having a paperweight afterwards. 

Download and install Samsung SmartSwitch onto your PC and use that to “Initialize” your phone. It will download the latest stock firmware direct from Samsung and reflash it to your phone. You need your phone model and serial number which can be found on the back or in the battery conpartment.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

8 hours ago, Husky said:

Download and install Samsung SmartSwitch onto your PC and use that to “Initialize” your phone. It will download the latest stock firmware direct from Samsung and reflash it to your phone. You need your phone model and serial number which can be found on the back or in the battery conpartment.

Which is generally not advised. Kies or SmartSwitch are just as useless as Apple's slogans.

@OP Use Odin with the stock firmware file from the site I provided earlier and you should be good.

18 hours ago, System.exit(0) said:

Which is generally not advised. Kies or SmartSwitch are just as useless as Apple's slogans.

@OP Use Odin with the stock firmware file from the site I provided earlier and you should be good.

Samsung SmartSwitch has helped recover a bricked phone for me in the past, even when Odin wouldn’t, and yes I did use Odin correctly.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM