Best cooler for 30$ (for overclocking)

I have a Cooler Master GeminII S524 along with a overclocked G3258, and it's doing a great job at keeping it well below the max temperature. But I dunno if a 212 Evo would have trouble keeping that 105W TDP cpu below the safe temps.

6 hours ago, Enderman said:

Uh, no, you shouldn't overclock on a $30 cooler...

I got 4800mhz on a 3570k with a 10$ cooler....

I see no reason not to OC on a 30$ cooler. I see every reason not to OC on a poorly made cooler, but 30$ isn't bad for medium OCs.

1 hour ago, Rainbow Dash said:

I have a Cooler Master GeminII S524 along with a overclocked G3258, and it's doing a great job at keeping it well below the max temperature. But I dunno if a 212 Evo would have trouble keeping that 105W TDP cpu below the safe temps.

I have a 4790k on a 212 Evo with sub optimal fan configuration at 4.6ghz. it won't do any higher or it gets too hot on benchmarks but it's not bad.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

On 6/15/2018 at 4:03 PM, YourNewPalAlex said:

what about the Master Liquid AIO 120 Lite? I found one on sale for 30$ Is it good?

It's noisy but performs pretty well at high rpm. 

Where are you shopping / located? What ram and case is being used?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

10 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It's noisy but performs pretty well at high rpm. 

Where are you shopping / located? What ram and case is being used?

8GB of DDR2 800 Normal cheap case with 2 front 120mm fans and one back one also the psu has a 120mm fan

On 6/16/2018 at 3:28 AM, Enderman said:

On a potato cooler?

Actually it could work. With C2Q mobos are bigger issue than cooling. My old Q6600 stopped at 2.7GHz because mobo didn't like the voltages. Temps were still fine with P95 at that point.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

8GB of DDR2 800 Normal cheap case with 2 front 120mm fans and one back one also the psu has a 120mm fan

If you don't know the model name of the case, please post some photos of it.

Where are you shopping / located?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you don't know the model name of the case, please post some photos of it.

Where are you shopping / located?

i am located in macedonia, skopje and im shopping on the dark web xD this is for my friend so he is shopping on the used market. If you want to view the used market go on "pazar3.mk" and "reklama5.mk" and use the city "Skopje" bcuz were just 14 yr olds fuckin around with old pc tech (Which actually helped me learn A BUNCH of stuff, so if anyone is a teen with no money, try this its LOADS of fun!) And we cant travel around the county for some old pentium lol Also we buy stuff from out lunch money and thats why were buying old c2q's and shit psu's and shit cooler's xD

Also just saying that actually made me learn how to wire up a mobo with a psu, and what psu to buy, and loads more. So i do recommend it, just try not to be stupid and youd be fine.

O yeah Also hes buying a brand new case, this is the model: DIYPC JAX 12

(we sold the old one for 15$ and we saved 10$ so we got that 25$ case (yes its that cheap here, but it was on sale and it was the first thing from a store) )

7 hours ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

i am located in macedonia, skopje and im shopping on the dark web xD this is for my friend so he is shopping on the used market. If you want to view the used market go on "pazar3.mk" and "reklama5.mk" and use the city "Skopje" bcuz were just 14 yr olds fuckin around with old pc tech (Which actually helped me learn A BUNCH of stuff, so if anyone is a teen with no money, try this its LOADS of fun!) And we cant travel around the county for some old pentium lol Also we buy stuff from out lunch money and thats why were buying old c2q's and shit psu's and shit cooler's xD

O yeah Also hes buying a brand new case, this is the model: DIYPC JAX 12

(we sold the old one for 15$ and we saved 10$ so we got that 25$ case (yes its that cheap here, but it was on sale and it was the first thing from a store) )

You can ask and see if they have the mounting hardware included needed for 775: https://www.pazar3.mk/Оглас/Се-продава/Скопjе/Кисела-Вода/ЕЛЕКТРОНИКА/Делови-за-Компјутери-и-додатоци/Kuler-za-procesor-Cooler-Master-Hyper-212/2443047

Otherwise, a TX3 Evo should be enough for a light oc: http://reklama5.mk/AdDetails?ad=2652000

If you're shopping locally, here's a good reference for relative cooler performance: