ALUMINUM 1/8 -1/4 Adapter for an Aquastream XT?

I bought an EK Fluid Gaming kit second hand - and after a few months of operation, the pump died. Second buyer = no RMA.

I COULD buy a replacement pump - but I ALSO have an Aquastream XT pump lying around, which would work just fine in the system.

Problem: to be used with 13/10 tubes and g1/4 fittings, the aquastream pump needs a 1/8-1/4 adapter - and the one I have is naturally NOT aluminum. I think it's nickel - but whatever it is, I can't use it.

You guys have ANY idea where I could find an ALUMINUM adapter?? (I've sent mails to EK and aquastream, but I thought I'd ask here too!)

Spoiler

PSU: Cooler Master V1200 Platinum / MB: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming / CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x / RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming OC 24GB / OS: Windows 11 / Screen: Samsung CRG9 (5120 x 1440) / Case: DIY Bench built custom into a a cabinet / Case Fans: 4x BeQuiet Magicool 140mm Pure Wings / Rad: Magicool 180 Triple / Pump: Aquastream XT / Res: Aquacomputer aqualis PRO 450ml / CPU Block: EK Supremacy Clear Acetal / GPU Blocks: Bykski N-GV1080TIG1-X with VRAM Cooling via B-3090TC-X Water Block

21 minutes ago, mikegray said:

I bought an EK Fluid Gaming kit second hand - and after a few months of operation, the pump died. Second buyer = no RMA.

I COULD buy a replacement pump - but I ALSO have an Aquastream XT pump lying around, which would work just fine in the system.

Problem: to be used with 13/10 tubes and g1/4 fittings, the aquastream pump needs a 1/8-1/4 adapter - and the one I have is naturally NOT aluminum. I think it's nickel - but whatever it is, I can't use it.

You guys have ANY idea where I could find an ALUMINUM adapter?? (I've sent mails to EK and aquastream, but I thought I'd ask here too!)

Your best option would be to look for a plastic g1/8 to g 1/4 fitting or to get one fabricated if you want aluminum. 

Thanks, W-L - that makes sense.

Something like this, I guess:

Chinese Stuff ...

I wouldn't actually mind the price - but Lord only knows how long it would take before the thing arrives. (in Switzerland, btw.)

EDIT: Shoot. Only, I need to screw IN, on the g1/4 side. so this wouldn't actually do the job ...

Spoiler

PSU: Cooler Master V1200 Platinum / MB: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming / CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x / RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming OC 24GB / OS: Windows 11 / Screen: Samsung CRG9 (5120 x 1440) / Case: DIY Bench built custom into a a cabinet / Case Fans: 4x BeQuiet Magicool 140mm Pure Wings / Rad: Magicool 180 Triple / Pump: Aquastream XT / Res: Aquacomputer aqualis PRO 450ml / CPU Block: EK Supremacy Clear Acetal / GPU Blocks: Bykski N-GV1080TIG1-X with VRAM Cooling via B-3090TC-X Water Block

2 hours ago, mikegray said:

Thanks, W-L - that makes sense.

Something like this, I guess:

Chinese Stuff ...

I wouldn't actually mind the price - but Lord only knows how long it would take before the thing arrives. (in Switzerland, btw.)

EDIT: Shoot. Only, I need to screw IN, on the g1/4 side. so this wouldn't actually do the job ...

While not the most elegant you could then use a female to female g1/4 onto the end of that fitting.

Kind of odd that the aquastream uses G1/8 when everything in watercooling has standadized to g1/4.

Huh - true - I guess I'd need something like this:

More Chinese stuf ...

(Though I'm not 100% certain that the black caps are actually plastic.)

I'm waiting for EK to tell me what it would cost to buy a replacement pump. Since the computer will be down until I get the replacement parts, I'm less than thrilled about waiting for parts to arrive from China. IF EK will sell me the goods for under $35, I'll just pay up. 

About the aquastream: Yeah, the g1/8 thing is odd, and annoying. My guess is that the basic hardware comes from a different day and age - maybe even, originally, a different application. 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, mikegray said:

Huh - true - I guess I'd need something like this:

More Chinese stuf ...

(Though I'm not 100% certain that the black caps are actually plastic.)

I'm waiting for EK to tell me what it would cost to buy a replacement pump. Since the computer will be down until I get the replacement parts, I'm less than thrilled about waiting for parts to arrive from China. IF EK will sell me the goods for under $35, I'll just pay up. 

About the aquastream: Yeah, the g1/8 thing is odd, and annoying. My guess is that the basic hardware comes from a different day and age - maybe even, originally, a different application. 

Yeah that would work, a bit of a round about way but provides a solution. The black caps look to be Delein (POM) so it wouldn’t cause a problem.