Vega 11 max OC Frequency

Draeft-Lore

Currently looking into a quick under $700 PC to have all the parts by the end of summer.  What is the max frequency someone has gotten a Vega 11 on a R5-2400G?  I have seen 1600Mhz on the R3-2200G, I have yet to find someone with the R5 do that.  Just as a side bonus This is the build thus far so you know what motherboard and RAM I am also looking at.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/draeftlore/saved/YnFBP6

Max OC depends on cooling and power.

Since it's an integrated GPU, cooling it will be quite a bit harder and achieving higher clock speeds will be harder.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, Draeft-Lore said:

Currently looking into a quick under $700 PC to have all the parts by the end of summer.  What is the max frequency someone has gotten a Vega 11 on a R5-2400G?  I have seen 1600Mhz on the R3-2200G, I have yet to find someone with the R5 do that.  Just as a side bonus This is the build thus far so you know what motherboard and RAM I am also looking at.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/draeftlore/saved/YnFBP6

You can install windows for free using microsoft's media creation tool.

Otherwise your build is very strange, just buy a $400-500 or less R3 2200G system and save the rest of your money for now, $500 being 16GBs of 3000/3200mhz, not worth buying anything faster normally.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

@Streetguru

I thought that to get the best performance from ryzen you needed a clean install media.  I have a mac that runs an intel CPU and I have windows on it.  The 3466 mhz is just future proofing and to squeeze anysingle ounce of preformance I can get out of the cpu.  The PC is for Destiny 2 for the most part.  I want to hit low to   high settings (variation in the settings for best preformance and look I can get possible) at no less than 70% render resolution at 1080p.

@Crunchy Dragon how does a Noctua - NH-L9a-AM4 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler sound.  I am adjusting voltage amounts to be slightly higher.

14 minutes ago, Draeft-Lore said:

how does a Noctua - NH-L9a-AM4 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler sound

Noctua makes pretty good stuff, but I would look for a higher CFM. I think my Corsair H55 got a higher CFM rating.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Ok I updated the build to reflect the changes.  It's a saved build so Same link in first post

44 minutes ago, Draeft-Lore said:

The point of an APU build right now is to go cheap as possible, and wait out the GPU drought.

For your budget, performance wise you could do better than an APU right now, one sec...
And the kraken coolers are overpriced memes

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, Draeft-Lore said:

Ok I updated the build to reflect the changes.  It's a saved build so Same link in first post

$750 gets you an R5 1600 + RX 580 8GB for now, you might be able to find a $100 R5 1400 on ebay

$400 APU build gets you that now, with likely 1070ti/Vega 56 performance in a few months given the $300 saved

If you just need it for one game get a 240GB SSD for now over a hard drive

The issue with the memory is that the performance gain over 3000mhz really isn't worth the exponential price increase, and that's not to mention that memory latency starts to go way higher, making the faster frequency generally useless.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TfbZcY
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TfbZcY/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($174.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.39 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.90 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 580 8GB DUAL Video Card  ($280.80 @ Newegg)
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($57.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $746.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-10 22:44 EDT-0400

Spoiler

I'm not trying to get a build I'm too invested in.  I have thousands I can spend on a PC when I get out of debt at the end of year, Lets say I made some very poor decisions like spending 2 separate thousand dollar paypal credit lines on luck based Micro-transactions, It's an addiction. It just has to get me by on my strictly limited budget that I am am forming via some birthday cash, and being a "slave" to my parents and clean their house and walk their dog because that's how far in debt I am.

13 minutes ago, Draeft-Lore said:

Then most likely just buy the $400 APU option, with an R3 2200G and ASrock Pro 4

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2B9RTB
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2B9RTB/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($94.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.39 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.90 @ OutletPC)
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($57.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $386.25
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-11 01:45 EDT-0400

Spoiler