Forza Horizon 4

D3addr0p

Being a long time Forza fan I have mixed feelings.

It looks like a great game no doubt but the shared world is what my biggest concern is.

Being that I don't have the best internet I'm worried that it will severely affect the game play aspect of it.

Only time will tell, what are your guys' thoughts?

Probably it's goin to work like the crew or they'll just be drivatars like in horizon 3. Don't really think that it'll affect anything.

Main PC

i7 7820X @4.5Ghz/Asus X299 TUF Mark I/GSkill TridentZ RGB 4x8GB 3000MHz/MSI GTX980Ti Gaming 6G/960 Pro 512GB/850 Evo 500GB/2x2TB HDD/Enthoo Evolv TG/H115i w/HD140s/Corsair HX 850i

Other PCs

i7 3930K/16GB DDR3 1866Mhz/Big Bang Xpower II/MSI GTX 760 TF 2GB/BQ DP P8 1000W/850 Evo 250GB/2TB WD HDD

i5 6600K/BQ Dark Rock 3/16GB Vengeance LPX/ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming/Intel 120GB SSD/GTX 1060 Strix/1TB HDD/Corsair RM650

R5 1600/8GB Vengeance LPX 2666Mhz/ASUS B350F Strix Gaming/ GTX 1050Ti Strix/850 Evo 250GB/1TB HDD/BQ 530W

Notebook Lenovo Ideapad 710S 6500U/8GB/256GB NVMe

Peasant gaming stuff PS3/PS4 Pro/PSP/PS Vita

On 6/10/2018 at 3:13 PM, reapzzer said:

Probably it's goin to work like the crew or they'll just be drivatars like in horizon 3. Don't really think that it'll affect anything.

They claim everyone else WILL be real people, not drivatars.

Reeks of always online to me, but maybe Drivatars could be their fallback. Cruising around the previous games in freeroam was always rather fruitless, so not sure how this will turn out. Seems odd that people aren't actually that willing to have anything to do with each other.

#Muricaparrotgang

I too am worried about the shared world. For two reasons really.

First and foremost, my internet sucks. It's cloudy today, so my satellite internet isn't working almost at all, and I'm using up tethering data to watch youtube.

Secondly, and this is something I'm willing to see how it goes before calling it a failure, but let's be really honest about one thing that I think we can all agree on. There are a lot of shitty people on the internet. A lot of them play games, and many of those people play arcade style racing games, like the Forza Horizon series. I don't necessarily want to have to interact with them every time I want to play the new Horizon. I have played co-op in Horizon 3. Not a lot, but I have and I really enjoy tooling around in an open world, especially Hot Wheels Island, with my friends at random, picking up races, and goofing off. Random people could easily be malicious just for fun, again, this happens a lot on this here interwebs, and that could rapidly ruin the gaming experience.