Dual monitor on gpu and mobo?

ChrisZH

My specs are

ryzen 7 1700x

asus prime x370-pro

msi gaming x rx580 8gb

16g 3000mhz ram

144hz msi optix and a 44in tv/27in widescreen monitor

i want my 144hz as my main display, but when I have a 60hz display on the gpu it seems like it drastically slows down every few second and then comes back to being normal. I heard someone say that I can have my secondary display run off mobo graphics. How would I do this? Just plug the hdmi into my io on my mobo?

Is that even available for my motherboard? If so how do I enable it?

5 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

My specs are

ryzen 7 1700x

asus prime x370-pro

msi gaming x rx580 8gb

16g 3000mhz ram

144hz msi optix and a 44in tv/27in widescreen monitor

i want my 144hz as my main display, but when I have a 60hz display on the gpu it seems like it drastically slows down every few second and then comes back to being normal. I heard someone say that I can have my secondary display run off mobo graphics. How would I do this? Just plug the hdmi into my io on my mobo?

You cant do this with this processor as the 1700x does not have any onboard GPU to run the second display.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

so is there no way to get a second display that will not affect my 144hz monitor?

I have similar specs and i dont have this problem, my main monitor is a 60hz overclocked to 75hz and my second is 60hz... Maybe reinstall drivers idk, 

enable the IGFX Graphics in nb settings and make sure that your pcie graphics are primary.

Maybe it's freesync? Or the response time I set to extreme on the monitor? It's the

MSI Optix MAG24C. I read a Reddit post with saying they had fixes for it in Win7 but nothing for Win10

2 minutes ago, Praxis727 said:

enable the IGFX Graphics in nb settings and make sure that your pcie graphics are primary.

I don't have the Vega graphics in my processor, no onboard graphics. :/

i was playing PoE last night while watching Netflix on my 44in TV. Every few moments I would be moving and it would freeze for like a second and then start up but everything felt like slow motion. Then it would go back to being smooth and then it would happen again. 

try makeing your games fullscreen windowed.  With the adaptive sync off I think. There is also some issues with new windows update.  make sure that your graphics are enabled and no errors are present in windows.  It would default you to a windows generic driver and that could cause issues.

6 minutes ago, Praxis727 said:

THERE IS NO iGPU!

5 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

Maybe it's freesync? Or the response time I set to extreme on the monitor? It's the

MSI Optix MAG24C. I read a Reddit post with saying they had fixes for it in Win7 but nothing for Win10

are you sure the monitor is running at 144hz? 

I have a vega 64 and my main is 144 and my secondary is 60, works fine.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

THERE IS NO iGPU!

are you sure the monitor is running at 144hz? 

I have a vega 64 and my main is 144 and my secondary is 60, works fine.

Yes I went into the display settings for the monitor and i put it to 144hz. Could it be because it's a 44in tv, and it's only able to run at 1280 x 760, maybe 59hz??

Integrated AMD Radeon™ R Series Graphics in the 7th Generation A-Series APU   you dont need the vega on the cpu.  There is already and apu with that board.

1 minute ago, Praxis727 said:

Integrated AMD Radeon™ R Series Graphics in the 7th Generation A-Series APU   you dont need the vega on the cpu.  There is already and apu with that board.

ryzen processors dont have iGPUS unless it is a G series SKU!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

Yes I went into the display settings for the monitor and i put it to 144hz. Could it be because it's a 44in tv, and it's only able to run at 1280 x 760, maybe 59hz??

Can you check on the osd just in case? Also how exactly did you set it? 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, Praxis727 said:

I do not have an APU though, I have a Ryzen 7 1700x 3.4ghz. That's not an APU right?

The second monitor really shouldn't cause an issue like this, what version of the AMD RADEON software are you using? 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

ryzen processors dont have iGPUS unless it is a G series SKU!

Ben I suggest you go read his motherboard manual as I have.  Integrated AMD Radeon™ R Series Graphics in the 7th Generation A-Series APU   means it has a graphics processing unit.  They will be releasing vega units with the igpu setup but this is a premium 370 pro board with an APU.

Just now, ChrisZH said:

I do not have an APU though, I have a Ryzen 7 1700x 3.4ghz. That's not an APU right?

you are correct, I have the Ryzen 7 1700, it is not an APU and definitely does not have r series graphics. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Ben Quigley said:

you are correct, I have the Ryzen 7 1700, it is not an APU and definitely does not have r series graphics. 

1700x just processes the on board APU.  

Just now, Praxis727 said:

Ben I suggest you go read his motherboard manual as I have.  Integrated AMD Radeon™ R Series Graphics in the 7th Generation A-Series APU   means it has a graphics processing unit.  They will be releasing vega units with the igpu setup but this is a premium 370 pro board with an APU.

he doe not have an APU, he has a ryzen 1700x, I suggest you go read up about the CPU as I can assure you, it does NOT have any form on integrated graphics. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

The second monitor really shouldn't cause an issue like this, what version of the AMD RADEON software are you using? 

I am using the latest driver software for my rx580 8gb. Should I try to reinstall

the driver? And they way I set the display 144hz was I went into display setting and click on the more options for monitor and then I changed the display from 60hz to 144hz and clicked apply. Was this not the right way to do it?

Just now, ChrisZH said:

I am using the latest driver software for my rx580 8gb. Should I try to reinstall

the driver? And they way I set the display 144hz was I went into display setting and click on the more options for monitor and then I changed the display from 60hz to 144hz and clicked apply. Was this not the right way to do it?

No thats right, can you please tell me the exact version number of the driver you are using so I can check for any known bugs. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240