Liquid metal laptop help

Acer predator heilous 300 temps after a couple days of purchase up to 100c in cpu with max fan speed and 95c on gpu. Max limit on gpu I checked is 96c so it’s

definitely thermal throttling. I applied thermal grizzly lm to both parts and got 8c ish off original temps and with max fan speed it dropped another 5c. All is good. 3 months latter cpu is at 97c with undervolt max fan speed and gpu is back to 95c. Reapplied lm. Gpu temp is fixed but cpu is 96c at idle. Re applied again but added more lm to cpu. Idle temps seem ok like it was originally. Day later it’s not like brand new temps but it’s a little better. 92c cpu with max fan speed and undervolt and around same temp with gpu. I’m not thermal throttling yet but I’m pretty close. The lm has stained/merged with the copper heatsink. I don’t know what to do rn. Help!

your CPU is defective, therefor it continues to make way more heat then it should

or maybe your trying to overclock your cpu to like 100GHz or something

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Are the fans working? What are you doing during load temps? Running a game or a stress test?

The temps I listed is when I’m playing games on the highest settings so yes it’s a load. The fans are working and I can hear them. In my post above I said when I put them at max.

8 hours ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

your CPU is defective, therefor it continues to make way more heat then it should

or maybe your trying to overclock your cpu to like 100GHz or something

So should I try my warranty or what?

if you have a warranty, then get it replaced

if not, its defective, throw it out or send it to a scrapper like me to get a few bucks

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

On 9-6-2018 at 8:51 AM, SkinnyPete1 said:

Acer predator heilous 300 temps after a couple days of purchase up to 100c in cpu with max fan speed and 95c on gpu. Max limit on gpu I checked is 96c so it’s

definitely thermal throttling. I applied thermal grizzly lm to both parts and got 8c ish off original temps and with max fan speed it dropped another 5c. All is good. 3 months latter cpu is at 97c with undervolt max fan speed and gpu is back to 95c. Reapplied lm. Gpu temp is fixed but cpu is 96c at idle. Re applied again but added more lm to cpu. Idle temps seem ok like it was originally. Day later it’s not like brand new temps but it’s a little better. 92c cpu with max fan speed and undervolt and around same temp with gpu. I’m not thermal throttling yet but I’m pretty close. The lm has stained/merged with the copper heatsink. I don’t know what to do rn. Help!

Those temperatures are definitely not OK!

Even though you've managed to lower your CPU temps to 92 °C and GPU to 96 °C, you're going to fry your hardware if you continue using your laptop like that.

From your explanation I conclude that it's a new laptop that you've bought very recently. I highly suggest using your warranty and request an RMA to return the PC.