Computer Froze

my laptop got froze(blank black screen) when i was gaming then i could not force shut it down the whole laptop's keyboard and the power botton was also froze when the battery was out it turned off then i plugged the charger then the laptop turn on then it was ok i checked the event viewer it said "The previous system shutdown at 8:54:28 PM on ‎6/‎8/‎2018 was unexpected.event id :6008..please tell me what to do now to fix this problem...

Model of laptop and brand?

OS you're currently running?
What you were doing when it happened and what was running in the background if you know ?(applications that you've opened and left open in the task bar)

What have you tried so far, if anything?

Please answer these questions for more accurate help. Otherwise we'd just be shouting possible cause and solution with nothing to go on.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

stop gaming on the machine if it can't properly cool it's own hardware. that should fix it

8 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Model of laptop and brand?

OS you're currently running?
What you were doing when it happened and what was running in the background if you know ?(applications that you've opened and left open in the task bar)

What have you tried so far, if anything?

Please answer these questions for more accurate help. Otherwise we'd just be shouting possible cause and solution with nothing to go on.

sorry i am new in the site and forum thing please for give me my laptop is dell 7559 15.6inch,i5 6300hq 2.3ghz,8gb ddr3l,1tb hdd

i was playing rainbow six seige background apps are utorrent,avast,discoed,luix headphone app,that's all ,

11 minutes ago, emosun said:

stop gaming on the machine if it can't properly cool it's own hardware. that should fix it

bro my laptop is a gaming laptop dell 7559 i know its an old model but i think it was ok by it's own for cooling it self so i game in it. 

Is this the first time it happened or has it happened before?

If this is the first time, don't give it much thought.

If it happen again, it could be a number of things, from a borked OS to RAM issues.
If you want to appease your consciences, just run a stress test on your PC, either using Aida64, prime95(Custom Blend with all your available RAM, not ALL the RAM, look in task manager to see how much available ram you have) or some other software
https://www.custompcreview.com/articles/8-best-tools-stress-test-pc-cpu-ram-gpu/
There are many other ways, if you just want to test the ram, get Memtest and run it after POST. (when you boot the laptop), let it run for like 12 hours or until it detect an error if there are any.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Is this the first time it happened or has it happened before?

If this is the first time, don't give it much thought.

If it happen again, it could be a number of things, from a borked OS to RAM issues.
If you want to appease your consciences, just run a stress test on your PC, either using Aida64, prime95(Custom Blend with all your available RAM, not ALL the RAM, look in task manager to see how much available ram you have) or some other software
https://www.custompcreview.com/articles/8-best-tools-stress-test-pc-cpu-ram-gpu/
There are many other ways, if you just want to test the ram, get Memtest and run it after POST. (when you boot the laptop), let it run for like 12 hours or until it detect an error if there are any.

i will do those think step by step as you told me to.thank you so much kind sir for helping  me:D 

2 hours ago, emosun said:

*snip*

thank you Good sir for the solution ,i will take it to the service provider for the thermal paste issue.. thanks again :D.

Edited by wkdpaul

This problem your having is the same thing that's happening to me and so many others. Since the April update from windows it's fucked up so many things. If your scroll through these forums there a lot with this same problem. Right now I'm resetting my PC and I'll report if that works to fix it.