Windows sound crash

Go to solution Solved by Reddox,

Thanks @Fixinit1, I'll check that out. Thank you for helping

Hi guys, I have recently been experiencing a very uncommon bug according to my friends. I don't know very much about this kind of issues so if you could give me a few seconds to reply or investigate, it would be deeply appreciated. Also, english is not my first language so please excuse my terrible writing skills.

The problem :

I play vidéo games a lot. Until a week ago, everything was working as usual. And I don't know why, but my games started freezing forever (only in games like GW2 or CS:GO), forcing me to force-reboot my computer. This reboot causes further issues with steam not recognising certain games (like CS:GO).

The origin :

I first thought that the crashes were was used by a bug with my headset which has connectivity issues. But I tried on different ports with other headsets and the crashes remains.I'm pretty sure that they are caused by something related to the sound because just before the crashes, I have no sound for like 20s.However, I heard that a certain windows update (a few weeks ago) was breaking headsets and stuff, and I realised that I did not do the latest updates, so this could be a lead.

Usefull informations :

To be clear, I have a terrible setup, so it may also be an error due to my outaded components.

Motherboard Foxconn n15235

Graphic card GF 9500 Gs

Processor Intel core i2 quad 8200

Ram 4g vddr2

Headset Logitech h450.

OS  : Windows 10 educational 1803 17134.81

I have recently overclocked my GPU but it was after the crashes.

I use TimerResolution wich may cause some bugs.

Possible solutions :

I have tried to reinstall the games, and I'm thinking of reseting my PC.

Thank you in advance for the feedback, Reddox.

Check your temps. Doesn't really sound like a headset issue to me, and more sounds like an issue loading in files or rendering video. Also run a memtest, as that could be why things aren't loading in.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

Hi @Fixinit1, thank you for your awnser. I have ran the benchmarks under full load, and it turns out that my gpu temp is around 55°C under load, my cpu hits a rock solid maximum of 50°C and the memtest didn't report anything problem. DO you have any suggestions or solutions ?

3 minutes ago, Reddox said:

Hi @Fixinit1, thank you for your awnser. I have ran the benchmarks under full load, and it turns out that my gpu temp is around 55°C under load, my cpu hits a rock solid maximum of 50°C and the memtest didn't report anything problem. DO you have any suggestions or solutions ?

To test your headset theory, why don't you try playing without your headset plugged in? See if it makes any difference, and we'll go from there.

REMEMBER:

OR

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

So @Fixinit1, I have tested playing without the headset, and the game still crashes, so it doesn't make any difference.

3 hours ago, Reddox said:

So @Fixinit1, I have tested playing without the headset, and the game still crashes, so it doesn't make any difference.

Honestly I think it's a GPU issue. Your GPU is seriously underpowered and outdated. Maybe look at a GT 1030? Relatively cheap, but will give you a lot better performance. About 700% of what you're getting now. Or if you're looking at a new system, a Ryzen APU might be a good option. Sorry I couldn't get it fixed, but I think it's just an outdated hardware issue.

REMEMBER:

OR

Spoiler

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X