motionEyeos network share troubleshooting help

I'm trying to configure my raspberry pi zero to stream recorded footage through the wifi to be stored directly on my pc, yet I having trouble configuring the proper settings. Can you guys tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thank you

Capture.PNG.e4cef0e50e6750d6aa3a699b8aab1570.PNG5b17b6573b361_Filepath.PNG.277c57416701ec2835703f43e82e0ff5.PNG5b17b65720eaa_Networkpath.PNG.558bb610bb2e7d5869977d76b4a9c246.PNG

Never used this before but if I had to guess, it doesn't support the microsoft account for authentication. Also make sure you have \\ComputerName\Pi_cam for the share name as that's more likely to work, I recommend giving your PC a proper name :P As for the authentication, if you're not worried about any other shares on your pc, you can disable password protected sharing and just not use any credentials, but if you do need to have credentials on there, I'd make a local account with full access to that share and use those credentials in MotioEYE, using ComputerName\Username for the username.

I ilke trains.

7 minutes ago, MCManiac52 said:

I recommend giving your PC a proper name

I named my rig Caroline.

Aside from the above, I would also try seeing if you can share it directly between the two using a LAN cable as it may be easier than via WiFi.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

between the two using a LAN cable

That may be more difficult if OP has to use a cable direct because of IP settings, the WiFi aspect of things really shouldn't make any difference to the network shares, as long as the signal is all good.

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I named my rig Caroline.

oddly, this is the most appropriate name for a pc I've ever seen

I ilke trains.

2 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Ooooh so sweet :D

:D Gotta love them Portal references.

1 minute ago, MCManiac52 said:

oddly, this is the most appropriate name for a pc I've ever seen

Would have been more appropriate for my last rig, as it more or less was a potato...

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Would have been more appropriate for my last rig, as it more or less was a potato...

Well I guess this will have to be Potato Mk2

I ilke trains.