Streaming

I´m not quite sure where to put this thread but I´m thinking this is correct, but anyways on to the point.

So I want to start streaming, and my current internet connection is 83 Down and 3 Up. I´ve tested this some and the quality sucks a lot. Simply put I have to stream at 480p, 20FPS just to allow the game to run smothly on both my computer and the stream, I'm not sure if the fault is due to my PC or to my Internet, because when I do this my CPU maxes out as well as my internet. My current settings in OBS are

Bitrate - 500

Encoder - Software (x264)

Audio Bitrate - 64

Encoder Preset - Ultrafast

Base Resolution - 1920 x 1080

Output Resolution - 680 x 480

Common FPS Value - 20

PC Specs

Intel I5-7600K @ 5 GHz

GTX 1080

Team Dark 16GB RAM

Bitrate of 500 is not enough to stream with. That is only 500kbps on the upload. Since you only have 3 upload, you can try and stream with a bitrate of 2000 and test. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Bitrate of 500 is not enough to stream with. That is only 500kbps on the upload. Since you only have 3 upload, you can try and stream with a bitrate of 2000 and test. 

I started out with 3000, and worked my way down to 500 in intervals of 500. Im assuming that my PC is the issue in this, could you possibly confirm that?

1 minute ago, Salsy said:

I started out with 3000, and worked my way down to 500 in intervals of 500. Im assuming that my PC is the issue in this, could you possibly confirm that?

your PC is not the issue. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I'm sorry, what? Maxing out at 20fps with those specs? Maybe don't stream at the highest in-game settings, because that PC should be able to handle streaming just fine. You should be able to play at 1080p60 and stream at a downscaled 720p60 with ease. Lower your in-game settings to a medium/high blend, and try a bitrate of about 2000-3000

4 minutes ago, Leinad4400 said:

I'm sorry, what? Maxing out at 20fps with those specs? Maybe don't stream at the highest in-game settings, because that PC should be able to handle streaming just fine. You should be able to play at 1080p60 and stream at a downscaled 720p60 with ease. Lower your in-game settings to a medium/high blend, and try a bitrate of about 2000-3000

Sorry I didnt make that clear enough that was my fault, by maxing out at 20 I meant that i was having to run the stream at 20 FPS. Like I said I'm sorry for not making that very clear. I had the game running at 100 FPS but I incur huge studders

2 minutes ago, Salsy said:

Sorry I didnt make that clear enough that was my fault, by maxing out at 20 I meant that i was having to run the stream at 20 FPS. Like I said I'm sorry for not making that very clear. I had the game running at 100 FPS but I incur huge studders

Ah, alright. You should be able to run the stream at 720p 60fps with no issues. Maybe even 1080p 60fps if your internet can handle that upload.

Your internet is the bottleneck here. Are you looking into upgrading? If so, a minimum of 10 upload will be best.

hi.

1 minute ago, AskTJ said:

Your internet is the bottleneck here. Are you looking into upgrading? If so, a minimum of 10 upload will be best.

Ok, I'm going to consider it. Only problem is that where I live I can only get Comporium and they're kinda like the Evil Stepsister of Comcast

First bottleneck: Upload Speed

Second bottleneck (that gets problematic if you solve the internet): Only an i5 with no ht.

5 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

2000kbps is way over what 3mbps can push. Highest recommended bitrate (using equation from YouTubes FAQ) is 1000-1100kbps. In Twitch recommendations it would be 480p/30.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 6/6/2018 at 7:47 AM, LoGiCalDrm said:

2000kbps is way over what 3mbps can push. Highest recommended bitrate (using equation from YouTubes FAQ) is 1000-1100kbps. In Twitch recommendations it would be 480p/30.

Ok, I just did my second test stream. I was streaming for close to 2 hours testing. I think I found the sweetspot (with a few hiccups every now and then) as what Leindad say was pretty close to what my internet could push. Not sure why it was working so much better but I was comfortably streaming at 720P at 30FPS

45 minutes ago, Salsy said:

Ok, I just did my second test stream. I was streaming for close to 2 hours testing. I think I found the sweetspot (with a few hiccups every now and then) as what Leindad say was pretty close to what my internet could push. Not sure why it was working so much better but I was comfortably streaming at 720P at 30FPS

If you are close to Twitch server, there's no demand and everything is smooth in your end, then you can get best possible results.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv