Oneplus 6 vs Galaxy S9+ at the same price point

Hello there recently I've gotten into quite the decision dilemma as I am currently looking into getting a new phone and as a current OnePlus 3 user the OnePlus 6 was my logical decision as a next phone and at a direct price of 570/620€ for 128GB and 256GB respectively I've thought it quite well priced, but now I came across an offer for the S9+ in a 2 year contract that would set me back a total of 740€ for the 64GB model of the S9+, a UE Megaboom and the 2 years of contract with a calling flat and 2GB of data and after reading tons of reviews it's still really hard for me to come to a conclusion since the S9+(at least regarding to what I've read and checked) has the better specs and camera as well as that sweet IP68 rating while the OP6 has the edge on speed, software and future software proofing as well as the advantage of a flat screen(I accidentally dropped my Oneplus 3, luckily while insured, 2 times completely shattering the screen 2 times so far q.q) providing better possibility to use a screen protector. Now my question is should I try and use that nice deal for the S9+ or should I stick to OnePlus for the screen's sake and the good OP software management as I intend to keep using the phone for the next 3~ maybe more years to come.

Thanks ahead of time for your answers

9 minutes ago, GermanTechnologies said:

Is there really any reason to even replace the one plus 3 yet? until very recently I was still on a one plus one.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Well for one my camera isn't working properly anymore(probably because of one of those drops but my insurance has run out and I can't prove it in hindsight to the insurer) making it not able to focus anymore(or only exceptionally rarely so) and then there's also the offer by my mother to help me out with the costs for a phone one last time before I'm going to university later this year. Therefore I saw it as quite the good opportunity for me right now to replace my phone with something that's to stay by me for university.

6 minutes ago, GermanTechnologies said:

And something like a used Razer Phone isn't much cheaper? Or even a first gen google pixel 128GB model? I got a 32GB model for $200 USD.

Either are probably fine, only issue I can see is that a lot more 845 phones will be coming, such as that ASUS phone that got announced.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Well for the Razer I can't find any German offers that would put it below the pricepoint of a OP6 and as far as I can tell the Pixel would be a downgrade in terms of performance to my OP3 wouldn't it?

BTW I am not too reliant on the price difference between like 500 and 700 maybe 800€ max atm as I am just trying to get something good now and be set on it for a while, the only thing being that that offer I found for the S9+ is time limited making my decision somewhat time based(also seeing as OnePlus doesn't change prices there's no point to waiting for an offer there either). If you recommend waiting for the other upcoming phones tho I could do that too since I am not in itself in a rush to get that new phone. The camera problem is annoying but if I can get an overall less pricey and/or more useful phone as I am pretty much constantly using my phone and often reliant on it nowadays I won't mind waiting a few months if necessary.

Ok thanks and yeah with my bad experience I'm definitely getting a case anyway and don't really have a problem with running custom Roms if necessary now I just gotta watch that the curved screen doesn't get damaged 9_9