Drawing tablet or a Ipad 9.7" 2018 (non pro)

Olli_

Hi all,

i am currently looking to get into digital drawing within the next month or so and i was thinking about either getting a Ipad 9.7" non pro  or a decent drawing tablet around the same price point in the uk the Ipad goes for around £300 or so and with the pencil is another £80. I was wondering what would be the best option. I'm not a mac user i'm currently using windows 10 if that helps. I currently don't have a tablet. This isn't for professional  use or anything like that it's just purely as a hobby. What would be the best option and how do you  feel about using the Ipad for drawing  if anyone has used one for this purpose? 

Thanks for the help

7 minutes ago, Olli_ said:

Hi all,

i am currently looking to get into digital drawing within the next month or so and i was thinking about either getting a Ipad 9.7" non pro  or a decent drawing tablet around the same price point in the uk the Ipad goes for around £300 or so and with the pencil is another £80. I was wondering what would be the best option. I'm not a mac user i'm currently using windows 10 if that helps. I currently don't have a tablet. This isn't for professional  use or anything like that it's just purely as a hobby. What would be the best option and how do you  feel about using the Ipad for drawing  if anyone has used one for this purpose? 

Thanks for the help

To be honest, if you are only going to use it for drawing, I would personally prefer a drawing tablet that is purpously designed for it.

24 minutes ago, Olli_ said:

This isn't for professional  use or anything like that it's just purely as a hobby. What would be the best option and how do you  feel about using the Ipad for drawing  if anyone has used one for this purpose? 

If you can shell out extra $100 for the Pencil then yes the 2018 iPad will work just fine. Even if the lower end iPad which doesn't have the 120 Hz variable refresh rate, reviews say the difference is very subtle.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside