How do I make an SSD a Bootable Drive?

Above7heInfluence

So I got the Samsung Evo SSD and used Samsung Data Migration to transfer my C drive to it. My only problem is that my computer won't boot from it...I tried making it the first drive in the boot sequence but it won't boot up. There is also no Windows 8 icon over the SSD drive in my computer. How do I fix this? Thanks! P.S. I didn't reformat or disconnect my previous C drive so it is still in the computer, along with the SSD. The Windows 8 icon is still over my previous hard drive.

i7 3930k @ 4.4Ghz | AMD 7970 @ 1150/1823 | Asus P9X79 Pro | 16GB G.Skill 2133mhz | 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB in RAID 0 & 250GB Samsung Evo SSD | Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra with Side Window | XSPC RX360 Watercooling Kit w/ UV Blue Tubing | Corsair Vengeance K70 Keyboard w/ Corsair M65 Mouse

Personally i wouldn't recommend using the migration software, my brother had the same problem on his laptop, and even the same OS. I think he removed the old C drive from the laptop then booted, but you could go to bios and see if you can find an option to boot to any drive you wish (ignoring the boot order to see if it works at all). Keep in mind your system might freeze when you access the old C drive. Good luck.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I couldnt boot from it either when I used it. The reason being it can only copy files that are not in use. Since it runs in wondows windows files are in use thus it cant copy them.

I actually found a video of this dude that you probably don't know explaining this:

Woo!

I actually found a video of this dude that you probably don't know explaining this:

...."this dude"

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

I just recommend copying the files you need to something like an external hard drive and then do a clean install on your new SSD.

You're potentially going to run into a lot of problems when trying to migrate everything.

Besides, we all know Windows just gets "full" after a while. It's better to start off with a clean installation.

Check your bios settings like EFI boot options or something. Also what type of partition was it? (MBR or GPT)

Its an MBR partition. 

i7 3930k @ 4.4Ghz | AMD 7970 @ 1150/1823 | Asus P9X79 Pro | 16GB G.Skill 2133mhz | 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB in RAID 0 & 250GB Samsung Evo SSD | Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra with Side Window | XSPC RX360 Watercooling Kit w/ UV Blue Tubing | Corsair Vengeance K70 Keyboard w/ Corsair M65 Mouse