Cheap 4K TV for $329?

AskTJ

Have found this 4K TV branded to a well known company in Australia. I don't have the money to buy it, but a friend in my class was interested in it because it is 4K and is cheap, as he wants to play Fortnite on it.

It is a 3840x2160 panel running at 60hz, and has 4 HDMI inputs. Screen size of 50" and comes in at a grand total of $429 AUD, or $329 USD for you Americans.

Here is the link.

Display Specs:

Spoiler

Brightness

>280cd/m²
Computer Supported Resolutions
640x480 @ 60Hz, 800x600 @ 60Hz, 1024x768 @ 60Hz, 1360X768 @ 60Hz, 1920X1080 @ 60Hz, 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz (HDMI)
Dynamic Contrast Ratio
4000:1
Native Aspect Ratio
16:9
Panel
AUO
Panel Technology
LED
Pixel/Dot Pitch
0.095125 x 0.285375
Refresh Rate
60Hz
Resolution
3840 x 2160
Response Time
8ms
Size
50"
Viewable Angle
178° x 178°

hi.

16 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Unless he's playing on a console, I wouldn't get a TV for gaming.

12 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Never buy a TV for PC gaming, WAY too much input lag.

Modern tvs have input lag about the same as a regular 60hz monitor.

It is perfectly fine for everything except the most competitive fps gaming.

I'm not sure if that is the case for this specific cheap chinese model, but all recent samsung, sony, lg, etc. tvs can be used for gaming no problem.

I would recommend that OP goes with a more reliable brand that has been tested.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/input-lag

People need to stop spreading the false information "oh you can't game on a tv, too much lag, etc etc etc"

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

On 03/06/2018 at 12:25 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

Unless he's playing on a console, I wouldn't get a TV for gaming.

Yes, he will be using a console. Both Xbox One and PS4 Pro.

hi.

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It is perfectly fine for everything

you can also have problems with some clarity of text, can't you?

Just now, IgorM said:

you can also have problems with some clarity of text, can't you?

Not if you have the settings correctly set for use with a computer or console.

It should work literally exactly the same as a "computer monitor".

That's basically all a tv is, just a larger monitor with extra features for watching tv.

If you don't sue those tv features it's just a monitor.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Not if you have the settings correctly set for use with a computer or console.

It should work literally exactly the same as a "computer monitor".

That's basically all a tv is, just a larger monitor with extra features for watching tv.

If you don't sue those tv features it's just a monitor.

I don't remember how it's called, 4:4:1:1 or something like that, when you have problems displaying some close text and lines.

8 minutes ago, IgorM said:

I don't remember how it's called, 4:4:1:1 or something like that, when you have problems displaying some close text and lines.

Yeah it should be set to 4:4:4 for best quality.

You can see all of the response times here:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/input-lag

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, IgorM said:

can that be changed on every tv menu?

Not all tvs, and almost certainly not the cheap chinese ones.

Here's a list of tested ones: https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/chroma-subsampling

Otherwise you can probably google the tv model and find out from someone who owns one.

Spoiler