Can't control my fan speed

So i just bought the tripple pack Corsair HD120 rgb fans. All of the three fans have a 4 pin connector. But on my motherboard i only have 2x4 pin connectors (one in use for my cpu cooler). Is there a way i can connect all of my three fans so i can control them through software?

you should have to buy a fan controller or a fan hub if your motherboard. does not have enough fan connectors. you could also plug them into the 3 pin fan connectors on your mobo and see if you can controll them. 

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Dijkstra said:

So i just bought the tripple pack Corsair HD120 rgb fans. All of the three fans have a 4 pin connector. But on my motherboard i only have 2x4 pin connectors (one in use for my cpu cooler). Is there a way i can connect all of my three fans so i can control them through software?

Get 4-pin y splitters. Lets you attach 2 fans to one fan header. They come in 2,3 and 4-way. Just make sure the combined amperage if the fans doesnt go over the rated amperage of the fan header, Which is usually 1A iirc

2 hours ago, Jessekiller101 said:

you should have to buy a fan controller or a fan hub if your motherboard. does not have enough fan connectors. you could also plug them into the 3 pin fan connectors on your mobo and see if you can controll them. 

Okay thx! :D

2 hours ago, NoobCase said:

Get 4-pin y splitters. Lets you attach 2 fans to one fan header. They come in 2,3 and 4-way. Just make sure the combined amperage if the fans doesnt go over the rated amperage of the fan header, Which is usually 1A iirc

Okay thanks! where is the best place to buy a 3way splitter?

2 hours ago, Jeremy Dijkstra said:

The best solution would be to purchase a Corsair Commander Pro.  This will give you both fan control (speed) and lighting control for the LED's through iCUE that you are looking for.  The Commander comes with a cable that attaches it to the 6port LED hub that came with the HD120 fans, and replaces the 3 button controller.  You'll have more lighting effect options through the software.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

I've been using these for ever and have never had an issue https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Splitter-Duplicator-Converter-Adapter/dp/B01N0XQ7XC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1527704135&sr=8-3&keywords=fan+splitter

You can get different colors as well if you need to match your set up ;-)

Current System: MoonLightRyzen

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x @ 3.9ghz  Board: Asus ROG C6H  Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 3000mhz  Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC in SLI M.2: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512gb x2 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB and 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM850x White  Cooler: XSPC/Phanteks Custom Loop 

Backup System: RedDragonV3.0

FX-8350 @ 4.7ghz, Asus TUF Sabertooth 990fx r3.0, MSI GTX 1060 6gb Gaming X, Crucial Balistix Tracer 32gb, M.2 Samsung 960 Evo 250,

Seagate Firecudda 2tb, Seagate Barracuda 2tb, NZXT S340 Elite White, Kraken X62, Corsair RM750x, Hue+

12 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

The best solution would be to purchase a Corsair Commander Pro.  This will give you both fan control (speed) and lighting control for the LED's through iCUE that you are looking for.  The Commander comes with a cable that attaches it to the 6port LED hub that came with the HD120 fans, and replaces the 3 button controller.  You'll have more lighting effect options through the software.

There also came a commander (which can support up to 6 fans) with my TriplePack. Can i use that to power my fans or do i have to buy the Corsair Commander pro? (open image to see the commander)

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 08.24.08.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 08.25.05.png

12 hours ago, Santo22 said:

I've been using these for ever and have never had an issue https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Splitter-Duplicator-Converter-Adapter/dp/B01N0XQ7XC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1527704135&sr=8-3&keywords=fan+splitter

You can get different colors as well if you need to match your set up ;-)

Okay thx, but i got 3 fans, can you tell me which 3 way splitter i should buy?

Current System: MoonLightRyzen

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x @ 3.9ghz  Board: Asus ROG C6H  Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 3000mhz  Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC in SLI M.2: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512gb x2 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB and 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM850x White  Cooler: XSPC/Phanteks Custom Loop 

Backup System: RedDragonV3.0

FX-8350 @ 4.7ghz, Asus TUF Sabertooth 990fx r3.0, MSI GTX 1060 6gb Gaming X, Crucial Balistix Tracer 32gb, M.2 Samsung 960 Evo 250,

Seagate Firecudda 2tb, Seagate Barracuda 2tb, NZXT S340 Elite White, Kraken X62, Corsair RM750x, Hue+

12 hours ago, Jeremy Dijkstra said:

There also came a commander (which can support up to 6 fans) with my TriplePack. Can i use that to power my fans or do i have to buy the Corsair Commander pro? (open image to see the commander)

You'll need the 6port hub in the first picture, and a Commander Pro.  The LED Hub will be your connection to power the LED's on the fans.  The Commander Pro will connect to the LED hub to the port on the right side of the picture you linked.  You'll connect your the second fan connector to the Commander Pro to control the fan speeds.

If you're still running into issues, you can also contact our Technical Support staff, and they can walk you through the steps over the phone.  1-888-222-4346 and is also toll free over Skype.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

14 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

You'll need the 6port hub in the first picture, and a Commander Pro.  The LED Hub will be your connection to power the LED's on the fans.  The Commander Pro will connect to the LED hub to the port on the right side of the picture you linked.  You'll connect your the second fan connector to the Commander Pro to control the fan speeds.

If you're still running into issues, you can also contact our Technical Support staff, and they can walk you through the steps over the phone.  1-888-222-4346 and is also toll free over Skype.

Okay i will