Please Help!! I need to consolidate the ssid’s on 4-5 different routers!!

Someone please explain to me how to make all of my routers, which are set up as wireless access points, share the same ssid.

Go into the wireless settings and make the SSID the same on all of them.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

13 minutes ago, Skyrim shout524 said:

Someone please explain to me how to make all of my routers, which are set up as wireless access points, share the same ssid.

Hello! Welcome to the LTT forums! OK this is easy all you need to do is first login to your router which usually has the ip of 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 10.0.0.1 or something to that extent, then enter the username and password, them enter router settings, go to networks or WI-FI networks and then enter in the desired SSIDs and set the desired password then you are set, on newer routers with multiple bands you may need to set this for both of them, if this is the case then select either 2.4ghz or 5ghz then select SSID and then set the network name,  and then enter the password, and then repeat for the other band. Though due note this is not the same as a mesh Wi-Fi newtork and is therefore not as stable.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Also note that if the routers do not share the same roaming standards, you could end up with 4-5 WiFi networks with the same name.

Getting a seamless WiFi network with multiple APs I'd only really recommend with the same brand of routers / Access Points.

3 hours ago, scottyseng said:

Also note that if the routers do not share the same roaming standards, you could end up with 4-5 WiFi networks with the same name.

Getting a seamless WiFi network with multiple APs I'd only really recommend with the same brand of routers / Access Points.

Well to get truly seamless Wi-Fi you would need to buy the same series of mesh Wi-Fi routers.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!