Thoughts on the g4600+1050ti build

Zzzzz69

Hey guyss, I found a bundle of the g4600 and msi gaming krait Mobo. So I realized that apu's are not good. Please drop any thoughts that you have, thank you! Main goal is just to play cs go on a single 60hz monitor. xD Thanks!

1 minute ago, CapitalistVN said:

That combo should be more than enough for CS GO on a 60hz monitor, even at very high settings

Yey. Thank you! 

Just now, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

my 20 year old toaster can run CS:GO at 200fps ultra

CS:GO runs on everything that has a power cord

HAHAHAAHAH xD

1 minute ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

my 20 year old toaster can run CS:GO at 200fps ultra

CS:GO runs on everything that has a power cord

Tell that on my Pentium 4 machine lol

6 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

well my toaster got more Watts than your pentium machine!

***flying away

How many Gigs does it have?

7 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

well my toaster got more Watts than your pentium machine!

***flying away

HAHAHAHAHAHHA GIVE ME THAT TOASTER

3 minutes ago, Supportsneedlove said:

How many Gigs does it have?

It can take 2 ram sticks - it's dual channel!

image.png.6133fc2441609433dc0927f02100d38d.png

Just now, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

It can take 2 ram sticks - it's dual channel!

even my laptop has 300!

Should it run cs: yes

But if you do plan to use it for gaming, upgrading to the ryzen 3 2200g might be a good idea, for roughly $15 more, your getting twice the cores and a non potatoe gpu (although dont expect it to beat any discrete graphics solution)

Edit: how much is the bundle for the cpu and mobo?, you could be able to find a cheaper motherboard separately if you do still want to go with the pentium 

Edited by k.m.p

12 minutes ago, k.m.p said:

Should it run cs: yes

But if you do plan to use it for gaming, upgrading to the ryzen 3 2200g might be a good idea, for roughly $15 more, your getting twice the cores and a non potatoe gpu (although dont expect it to beat any discrete graphics solution)

Edit: how much is the bundle for the cpu and mobo?, you could be able to find a cheaper motherboard separately if you do still want to go with the pentium 

Ohhh. Uhm it's about 8000php, around $150+, but some items here are more expensive. *Philippines*  The g4600 + 1050ti performed well on its benchmarks. So I'm going for it. I also found a pair of either h310 for the 8th gen cpus or a320 for the ryzen ones. So I'll still calculate how much they cost and if they are equal or slightly more expensive than the Pentium bundle then I'm gonna go for it. Thank you for the suggestion. :D

I've found out that the ryzen 3 1200 + a320m grenade board is 9,400 pesos *$180* Offers more performance though. I'll be taking a heads-up if the Pentium combo is a steal

1 minute ago, Zzzzz69 said:

I've found out that the ryzen 3 1200 + a320m grenade board is 9,400 pesos *$180* Offers more performance though. I'll be taking a heads-up if the Pentium combo is a steal

I3 8100 + gigabyte h110m is around 9,800, *$188* which is good due to the more performance from the i3.

I3 8100 + gigabyte h110m is around 9,800, *$188* which is good due to the more performance from the i3.

In that case your choice would be between a i3 8100 or a ryzen 3 2200g (the apu should cost the same as the ryzen 3 cpu but is actually slightly faster cpu only)

If you go for a b350 motherboard (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/) and overclock it would be faster then the intel cpu, otherwise, your right the i3 8100 is the better choice.

6 minutes ago, k.m.p said:

In that case your choice would be between a i3 8100 or a ryzen 3 2200g (the apu should cost the same as the ryzen 3 cpu but is actually slightly faster cpu only)

If you go for a b350 motherboard (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/) and overclock it would be faster then the intel cpu, otherwise, your right the i3 8100 is the better choice.

I've thought about the buying the Apu then upgrading to a better gpu later on but I really, really am impatient xD So I really want shiz like right now already. So I'll be updating here if I will be buying stuff already and I'll post the actual build. Thank you for your response. ?

I've thought about the buying the Apu then upgrading to a better gpu later on but I really, really am impatient xD So I really want shiz like right now already. So I'll be updating here if I will be buying stuff already and I'll post the actual build. Thank you for your response. ?

Like the others in the post said, anything you've considered will be able to run cs:go if thats your main option, I'm recomending you go with the apu not just because of the integrated gpu but also because its the same price and faster then the equivalent ryzen cpu when used as a cpu only, but yeah, if not overclocking, stick with your choice of the i3 8100

3 minutes ago, k.m.p said:

Like the others in the post said, anything you've considered will be able to run cs:go if thats your main option, I'm recomending you go with the apu not just because of the integrated gpu but also because its the same price and faster then the equivalent ryzen cpu when used as a cpu only, but yeah, if not overclocking, stick with your choice of the i3 8100

Thanks bro. I hope I'll be buying soon huhu

6 minutes ago, k.m.p said:

Damn, you're right. The 2200g is indeed a good choice, plus it's future proofed due to the am4 platforms, and It is a wise choice. It's so hard to build right now. Freaking Bitcoin ))):

4 minutes ago, Zzzzz69 said:

Damn, you're right. The 2200g is indeed a good choice, plus it's future proofed due to the am4 platforms, and It is a wise choice. It's so hard to build right now. Freaking Bitcoin ))):

The issue is, I can't be upgrading anything anymore. Specially the gpu. ): So I'll be stuck to a 1 time buy. Sad

2 hours ago, Zzzzz69 said:

The issue is, I can't be upgrading anything anymore. Specially the gpu. ): So I'll be stuck to a 1 time buy. Sad

no pressure, 1050ti with either i3 8100 or ryzen 3 2200g should do you fine for 1080p med-high settings for at least a year or two

27 minutes ago, k.m.p said:

no pressure, 1050ti with either i3 8100 or ryzen 3 2200g should do you fine for 1080p med-high settings for at least a year or two

Thank you very much man. <3