New phone (which to buy)

MossyAB

Hi,

After breaking my previous phone (iPhone SE with a smashed screen vs puddel) I am looking for a new phone. After looking through some different phones I am unsure which one I should purchase. I have been looking at a few different phones and would like some other opinions on which one I should buy.

The current phones that I am looking at are:

OnePlus 3

Samsung S6

iPhone 6 Plus

I am also open to other phone suggestions around the same price point. I have been an apple user for 4 years now but have always wanted to switch back to android but never had the chance.

Edit: Budget £150 - £200 GBP

-=-=-=CURRENT BUILD=-=-=-

-=CPU - Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz=-
-=Motherboard - Dell Inc. 06D7T=-

-=RAM - 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz=-

-=GPU - ZOTAC GeForce 9800 GT (1024MB=-

-=Storage - 465GB Seagate + 465GB Western Digital WD Elements=-

-=Display(s) - Acer AL1715 1280 x 1024 60hz + SHARP HDMI 1920 x 108- 25Hz=-

=-Cooling - Intel Stock Cooler=-

-=Operating System - Windows 10 Home (64-Bit)=-

-=Keyboard - HAVIT Gaming Keyboard=-

-=Mouse - HAVIT Gaming Mouse=-

-=Sound - Primark Earphones=-

20 minutes ago, MossyAB said:

apple user

I snatch up iphone 4's and 5's for cheap, like $25, because they are so old and no one wants them anymore. They do the job, texts, calls and basic surfs. The phones you are looking at vary in costs as well, so what is your budget?

27 minutes ago, MossyAB said:

Hi,

After breaking my previous phone (iPhone SE with a smashed screen vs puddel) I am looking for a new phone. After looking through some different phones I am unsure which one I should purchase. I have been looking at a few different phones and would like some other opinions on which one I should buy.

The current phones that I am looking at are:

OnePlus 3

Samsung S6

iPhone 6 Plus

I am also open to other phone suggestions around the same price point. I have been an apple user for 4 years now but have always wanted to switch back to android but never had the chance.

to be honest with you, don't switch back to android unless its a recent android phone or get the Google Pixel XL or the smaller Pixel.
i have been a long time android user, and every god damn time android disappointed me deeply (haven't tried the new ones though), even though i really love the customizability and i like tinkering

it happened to me so many times that a company updates my android phone with a shitty buggy update, and then ends support for that phone, so i'm stuck on that shitty update :) so i had to either roll back to previous android build (which also had bugs btw), or flash a Custom Rom (which completely breaks security).

the frequency between updates is slow and agonizing too, you have to wait a long time to get even last year's Android Version.

didn't wanna deal with that crap anymore so i got an iPhone, and i'm pretty happy with it and relaxed, i'm not really a heavy user, i just want the phone to work.
i spent more time fixing my android phones than using those damn things.

but the Pixel phones are different, they are updated by Google and they get updated frequently (heard OnePlus also does the same), it's also a pure android experience, meaning it doesn't have heavy skins like Samsung for example, and they're much smoother (UI wise).

*****don't quote me on recent phones, or some other phone that wasn't like this, haven't used Samsung or OnePlus, i'm only stating my experience and im pretty sure many android users had this experience too*****

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

I have an Iphone 5 which suits me quite well (got it for about 20 euro) fair warning though, the screen and camera aren't anything to write about and if it was up to me i'd go for a 5s as it has some extra perks such as a fingerprint sensor.

What is your budget? Those phones should all be "pretty good" but they're too old to receive any further Android updates which could be a security risk.

I edit my posts a lot.

5 hours ago, MrDrWho13 said:

What is your budget? Those phones should all be "pretty good" but they're too old to receive any further Android updates which could be a security risk.

Budget is around £150 GBP

5 hours ago, Canada EH said:

I snatch up iphone 4's and 5's for cheap, like $25, because they are so old and no one wants them anymore. They do the job, texts, calls and basic surfs. The phones you are looking at vary in costs as well, so what is your budget?

Budget is around £150 GBP

Get some budget midrange phone. Nowadays, even budget phones are good enough. No need to buy used flagships from two years ago, they do not have any extra special features over modern brand new budget phones.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

I would probably say Oneplus 3 then? If you're interested in buying a brand new phone, maybe try to get a Nokia 6 (2017 or 18), or Nokia 5.1 (2018). You can also try Lenovo's Moto G range, but I am personally against buying Lenovo's phones due to their poor update policy.

I edit my posts a lot.

On 5/30/2018 at 4:22 AM, MrDrWho13 said:

I would probably say Oneplus 3 then? If you're interested in buying a brand new phone, maybe try to get a Nokia 6 (2017 or 18), or Nokia 5.1 (2018). You can also try Lenovo's Moto G range, but I am personally against buying Lenovo's phones due to their poor update policy.

I agree at looking at the Nokias - I ended up buying the Nokia 6 last year, its cheap, it works well and there's a new version out now. I liked it because its built properly - My job means that i have a tendency to destroy phones every 6-12 months, so far this has a few scratches on it and that's it.

Have a look at the Samsung Galaxy A5 2017. Its largely based on the S7 and can be had for around £220. My sister has one and it works great. It's a fair bit newer than any of the phones you listed and still gets updates fairly regularly I believe.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||