Camera

Go to solution Solved by bowrilla,
16 hours ago, Reece1999 said:

I'm using the camera to film exercises in the gym as I'm a personal trainer, so everything I film will have the camera at a fixed point on a tripod, with the subject being in full body shot @bowrilla

Question is: are you moving quickly? And the slow motion effect won't be big. You will still need (commercial) software tools to acchieve a proper effect or invest more in a better video camera. You'll be better off with a GoPro Hero 5 for those kind of shots. It can handle 1080p at 120fps. That's at least a factor of 4 and will give you a better effect without additional software. You can get a used one for 100–150GBP or a new one for around 170-200GBP. Aim for a cheaper solution for your first camera and get a GoPro for the B-Roll slow motion shots.

Edit:

There's a 70D on ebay for 350GBP or best offer with 3 batteries and a batterypack. Pickup only. Get a cheap fixed focal length like the super cheap 50 1.8 and a GoPro Hero 5. Or get a 700D. You can get those with a kit lens for ~300GBP. They can't do any slow motion but you have enough money to spare for that GoPro and you still have money to spare for some lights or a proper (!!!) microphone.

I'm looking for a dslr that can film at 60fps 1080p, the reason for 60fps is as I'll be using slow motion somtimes 

It also needs a flip out display and a mic port , my max is £550 but would like as cheap as possible , any ideas 

I would like a dslr that comes with a standard lens as well 

I’m no camera expert, but perhaps you should ask your question to the guru’s of the ‘Photography and Videography’ section of this forum?

some used d5300 maybe? i don't know used prices, but afaik from mine, it has a mic in (could take a look tomorrow at home, but google would be faster). It comes with a variety of kit lenses, so finding one used shouldn't be a big problem

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

39 minutes ago, Reece1999 said:

I'm looking for a dslr that can film at 60fps 1080p, the reason for 60fps is as I'll be using slow motion somtimes 

It also needs a flip out display and a mic port , my max is £550 but would like as cheap as possible , any ideas 

I would like a dslr that comes with a standard lens as well 

Have you looked at this camera? 

https://www.amazon.com/Canon-Rebel-DSLR-Camera-18-55mm/dp/B075Y94JV5/

*fixed link.

You can get a used 800D for that money with a lens. Have a look at ebay. 

Bare in mind though that 60fps won't give you any serious slow motion. You will need professional grade software to get a good effect. Half the speed of RL isn't really much.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

DSLRs have that analog/film era mirror in the way of seamless integration of video shooting, so mirrorless would be better especially if you're not always using tripod.

And for that kind budget might be harder to find something as new.

Things like mic in are often left out from entry models.

On 5/28/2018 at 10:01 PM, bowrilla said:

Bare in mind though that 60fps won't give you any serious slow motion. You will need professional grade software to get a good effect. Half the speed of RL isn't really much.

Especially for anykind faster action it doesn't give really good slow motion.

1 hour ago, EsaT said:

DSLRs have that analog/film era mirror in the way of seamless integration of video shooting, so mirrorless would be better especially if you're not always using tripod.

In video mode those mirrors are always up as in live view mode.the issue with DSLRs in video mode is the rolling shutter. That means quick motions distorts heavily due to the fact that those sensors work line by line.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

I'm using the camera to film exercises in the gym as I'm a personal trainer, so everything I film will have the camera at a fixed point on a tripod, with the subject being in full body shot @bowrilla

Look for a used Canon 800d, or 80d, I'm sure you can get a 70d, but I'm not entirely certain on it shooting at 60 fps. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

16 hours ago, Reece1999 said:

Question is: are you moving quickly? And the slow motion effect won't be big. You will still need (commercial) software tools to acchieve a proper effect or invest more in a better video camera. You'll be better off with a GoPro Hero 5 for those kind of shots. It can handle 1080p at 120fps. That's at least a factor of 4 and will give you a better effect without additional software. You can get a used one for 100–150GBP or a new one for around 170-200GBP. Aim for a cheaper solution for your first camera and get a GoPro for the B-Roll slow motion shots.

Edit:

There's a 70D on ebay for 350GBP or best offer with 3 batteries and a batterypack. Pickup only. Get a cheap fixed focal length like the super cheap 50 1.8 and a GoPro Hero 5. Or get a 700D. You can get those with a kit lens for ~300GBP. They can't do any slow motion but you have enough money to spare for that GoPro and you still have money to spare for some lights or a proper (!!!) microphone.