Silicon lottery delidding services

6 minutes ago, RollTime said:

Thanks for providing that info. Also it says your location is Erie PA, why would the Texas hurricane affect you?

Silicon Lottery is based in Katy, Texas, which is west of Houston. It got hit during Hurricane Harvey.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

23 minutes ago, TheSLSAMG said:

Silicon Lottery is based in Katy, Texas, which is west of Houston. It got hit during Hurricane Harvey.

I didn't know. It's impressive they still got it done.

Also, I know where Katy is as I live in Houston (Just wanted to provide background on why I asked).

it's time

19 minutes ago, RollTime said:

I didn't know. It's impressive they still got it done.

Also, I know where Katy is as I live in Houston (Just wanted to provide background on why I asked).

Yeah.

Somewhat related, I ordered an AM4 mounting kit for one of my Arctic coolers. The mount shipped out of Florida (I don't recall where), and it got to me in 2 days despite Hurricane Irma.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

43 minutes ago, TheSLSAMG said:

Yeah.

Somewhat related, I ordered an AM4 mounting kit for one of my Arctic coolers. The mount shipped out of Florida (I don't recall where), and it got to me in 2 days despite Hurricane Irma.

Business goes on... No matter what...

it's time

3 hours ago, RollTime said:

Thanks for providing that info. Also it says your location is Erie PA, why would the Texas hurricane affect you?

Silicon lottery is in katyTexas. I sent it there and the hurricane hit 2 days later. USPS was not going in or out of a lot of that area so I had to wait a few days. But still they emailed me to let me know it would be returning as soon as they had mail service.

5 minutes ago, rijzen said:

Silicon lottery is in katyTexas. I sent it there and the hurricane hit 2 days later. USPS was not going in or out of a lot of that area so I had to wait a few days. But still they emailed me to let me know it would be returning as soon as they had mail service.

That's really awesome of them.

it's time

13 hours ago, RollTime said:

because siliconlottery is based in texas thus sending an item to texas during a hurricane im sure you can do the rest of the math 

1 hour ago, Nogghan said:

because siliconlottery is based in texas thus sending an item to texas during a hurricane im sure you can do the rest of the math 

Yeah, someone else told me as well. I can do the math as I live in Houston.

it's time

1 minute ago, RollTime said:

Yeah, someone else told me as well. I can do the math as I live in Houston.

hello from austin <3

Just now, Nogghan said:

hello from austin <3

Oh cool! Nice to see some other Texans on here.

it's time

I was talking about the same model also. The revision and stepping are different than model. 

On 5/27/2018 at 9:30 PM, RollTime said:

Ah, see but that's printed on the IHS... What's to prevent them from just swapping out the die under the ihs?

The matrix with the APTO and serial number is printed on the die, not the IHS, so there's no way that they will be able to switch out a chip without the end user knowing.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025633/processors.html

How exactly do you check that serial number before it’s delidded? 

1 minute ago, Pip313 said:

How exactly do you check that serial number before it’s delidded? 

You delid yourself! Oh, wait... :D

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones