MOBO Manufacturer Recommendations

I am looking at a new motherboard after my previous Asus one had issues. It has to be sent in and I won't get it back for over a month. So I'll buy a new one and sell the Asus one when it gets back.

Dealing with Asus RMA wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either. It is probably normal for this to take 3+ weeks but I am not sure as this is my first RMA.

One of the main things I am looking for is a company with a good warranty. Ideally I'd love one that offers loaner boards or sends you a replacement first (with a hold on your credit card just incase) so you can still use your computer. Asus was telling me they do this with their extreme gaming boards and server boards. Had I known that, I would have bought an extreme board. Does anyone know if MSI or Gigabyte do the replacement first before sending in (advanced placement) warranty?

I also see people put MSI at the bottom of the list (at least when looked at between Asus and Gigabyte) and I was not sure why. One thing that interested me was they put additional power plugs for the CPU. I wasn't sure if that was to compensate for bad power delivery or if it was a good thing, allowing the cpu to take in more juice and run at a higher frequency for longer. Any opinion or insight on this?

Any other insights I should consider before purchasing my next motherboard?

The motherboard is for Ryzen, if it matters.

I always go asus or gigabyte, wouldn't go anywhere else. I had an MSi board years ago and it failed. It took 6 weeks for the RMA to go through. Not sure if they are like that now but I wouldn't use them again.

17 minutes ago, greenbrucelee said:

I always go asus or gigabyte, wouldn't go anywhere else. I had an MSi board years ago and it failed. It took 6 weeks for the RMA to go through. Not sure if they are like that now but I wouldn't use them again.

Ive used multiple MSI boards with no Issue, ive used 3 asus boards with 1 issue and 2 cases where they put WAY to much voltage by default (1.45 for CPU volt) causing temperature issues.

All MB are pretty decent no matter what, RMA's tend to be Awful for all companies because they take a long time. Color scheme's is a cosmetic thing you may like, and power phases should be the most important thing when looking at a board depending on your cpu. 

TLDR: Any MOBO should be fine for Ryzen, just do a quick search to see if there are any issues recently.

Generally speaking, MSI makes fairly cheap low end motherboards while Asus makes pretty good ones, so buy an Asus motherboard. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

I like the ASUS motherboards since I had the best experience with them. Therefore, all of my current setups use ASUS boards.

However, truly everyone that is going to answer here will have exactly the same answer, but with another manufacturer.

Motherboard manufacturers are simply a hate them/love them kind of deal...

Normally, if you pick a reputable brand, you shouldn't be expecting a lot of problems.

They are all fine, despite the horror stories that you sometimes hear. Every brand has them.

Gigabyte had a longer durability than the other boards i have used. But i prefer msi