what's tyhe right temp?

i just put my new build into a new case, and now im having temp issues, again. I used artic silver thermal paste when i re-attached my aio to the cpu, and i cleaned both with alcohol and a qtip. i have a corsair aio, and corsair link, when it does register the fans and pump, says my temps around 30 c, speccy whom used to in my old case say my idle temp was about 30 c, now  says 40-43 under 1% load as i type. which ones correct? they both used to be identical temps, but since i moved this build into its new home, it's been among other issues a huge nightmare.

Also, i have 3 fans on the front cover of the case, with the rad mounted, and 2 more fans behind that, in a push from the front pulling from the inside, with 2 fans up top for exhaust, as well as one on the rear for exhaust.

Firestrike 
i7-8700k @5.0GHz w/ 1.30v, Corsair h100iv2, Gigabye Aorus gaming 7, 16GB(8x2) 2666MHz ddr4, Dual RX470's OC'd to 1390mhz(atm) in corssfire - liguid cooled with corsair h60's, 3.25 TB in Samsung SSD's, anidees white crystal cube case 

Retired:
i5-4440k @3.2GHz, gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h z87, 24GB DDR3, 3x1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD.

is their a trust worthy program that has a simple overlay i can have open on a second monitor that has pc info?

Firestrike 
i7-8700k @5.0GHz w/ 1.30v, Corsair h100iv2, Gigabye Aorus gaming 7, 16GB(8x2) 2666MHz ddr4, Dual RX470's OC'd to 1390mhz(atm) in corssfire - liguid cooled with corsair h60's, 3.25 TB in Samsung SSD's, anidees white crystal cube case 

Retired:
i5-4440k @3.2GHz, gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h z87, 24GB DDR3, 3x1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD.

16 minutes ago, O9B0666 said:

is their a trust worthy program that has a simple overlay i can have open on a second monitor that has pc info?

What is your new case, and what was your old case. Different cases have different airflow and therefore you will have different temperatures.

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

What is your new case, and what was your old case. Different cases have different airflow and therefore you will have different temperatures.

Here's prime example of one issue...so whats the right temp?? corsair link says 33 and speccy says 60 something lol! (cinebench is ruuning on another screen)
s1q3jr.jpg

thermaltake view 22, last one was some cheapo from amazon ive had for 10 years almost. Last case, i had 1 200mm intake front fan, 2 exhaust on top, 1 on back as usual, and my aio. Now, im running 3 in the front panel pulling air in, rad mounted, then 2 more fans pulling air though, so the rads sandwhiched in between 5 fans, 3 pushing air into it, and two sucking air through the rad, into the case. Then the usual 1 on back, and 2 up top as exhausts. I have more fans now, double...i get the airflow is different per case, but doubling up the fan count.....Also, i've ran the 2 fans via corsairs software at max rpm for 3 mins and no temp change.

So if this is a safe temp it is what it is i guess, but witth twice the fans i figured the same or better atleast. I almost want to throw a stock heatsink/fan on it to see the difference between this aio and that.

I've also removed the front panel, to allow free airflow to rule out choking the fans but no change in a 3 minute trial.

Firestrike 

Retired:

18 hours ago, O9B0666 said:

Here's prime example of one issue...so whats the right temp?? corsair link says 33 and speccy says 60 something lol! (cinebench is ruuning on another screen)

thermaltake view 22, last one was some cheapo from amazon ive had for 10 years almost. Last case, i had 1 200mm intake front fan, 2 exhaust on top, 1 on back as usual, and my aio. Now, im running 3 in the front panel pulling air in, rad mounted, then 2 more fans pulling air though, so the rads sandwhiched in between 5 fans, 3 pushing air into it, and two sucking air through the rad, into the case. Then the usual 1 on back, and 2 up top as exhausts. I have more fans now, double...i get the airflow is different per case, but doubling up the fan count.....Also, i've ran the 2 fans via corsairs software at max rpm for 3 mins and no temp change.

So if this is a safe temp it is what it is i guess, but witth twice the fans i figured the same or better atleast. I almost want to throw a stock heatsink/fan on it to see the difference between this aio and that.

I've also removed the front panel, to allow free airflow to rule out choking the fans but no change in a 3 minute trial.

Corsair Link reports the Fluid temperature, speccy is presumably doing either core temp or package temp. 63 degrees is a safe temperature for 8700K.

that was stock clock speeds. this is OC'd to 4.9, and the difference is huge, but if its the fluids then i guess im ok. Again this is running cinebench on another screen.
f54y0l.jpg

are their any good hardware monitoring software? something with vitals would be awesome, sorta a over lay, just numbers/letters nothing more?

Firestrike 

Retired:

4 minutes ago, O9B0666 said:

-ware? something with vitals would be awesome, sorta a over lay, just numbers/letters nothing more?

You have to let the test run for much longer, you can see that your fluid temperatures have not equalized with the load (since the fluid temperature is the same as your stock clock, which cannot be). Nonetheless, if your 8700K is not delidded then with those voltages the temperatures sound about right.

I like using HWinfo64 because it gives more detailed information.

17 hours ago, For Science! said:

You have to let the test run for much longer, you can see that your fluid temperatures have not equalized with the load (since the fluid temperature is the same as your stock clock, which cannot be). Nonetheless, if your 8700K is not delidded then with those voltages the temperatures sound about right.

I like using HWinfo64 because it gives more detailed information.

I've never delided or heard of it till this site two weeks ago. I'm curious to try it on a old i5 to practice. I don't have that deliding tool nor wanna buy it cuz I usually try to keep a pc for 2 years before a new build so it won't get used enough for it to be worth it. How can I without this tool? I've read it drops 5-12 degrees. 

When I ran a full system benchmark at user bench marks site it said my cpu is performing way below expectations.... Only thing different from the better Temps is more fans new case and new thermal paste.... Maybe it wasn't enough? I guess after work tomorrow I'll clean it up and add more this time. 

Also stock settings the voltage ⚡ cpuz shows it almost hitting 1.2 idk if that's too much but from ocing to 4.9 it does for stock speeds. I need a good oc guide as this is my first cpu oc and I think settings need some optimization. 

ok im using cam now, from nzxt, just turned the pc on from being off the past 8 hours, ambient temp in the house is 68, its not even daylight yet. My temp soon as i turned it on idle temps ranged fropm 42-49 with spikes as high as 64c and cpu load is under 5%.

is artic silver ok atleast enough to use as a thermal paste? having more fans isn't the issue, thats the only different thing besides air flow, and i cant see it being that to make it jump around the way it is this morning, and its only been this way after putting it in a new home.

Firestrike 

Retired:

• 2 weeks later...

There's always good old afterburner though both intel XTU and hwinfo are both excellent if you really want good data and testing tools.

Another thing to look at would be if your cpu is being constantly boosted. I have a ryzen 5 1600 on a gigabyte ab350n and if I overclock then it keeps it locked to 3.8Ghz even though my last asrock board on the same cpu would let it ramp correctly.