Best used pc build 2018

HI guy s , I am trying to put together a used pc build , and it seems that amds older sockets really have no future because of their terrible single core performance , but the price of even older intel x79 and x58 mobos are still very high. I am looking at the cheapest way to get six cores , because i am interested in rendering , and i currently have an i7-920 , so i want a proper upgrade. I bought a w3670 for my pc , but the hp IPMB-TK (Truckee) motherboard doesn't support it even after all the BIOS updates and there doesn't semm to be any BIOS mods to overclocking my i7-920. 

So far i found a good deal on an r9 290 for 180 CAD (NOT REFERENCE cooler , xfx double dissipation)

And a guy sold me his 1000w rosewill PSU for 80 CAD (With sick blue led fan built-in) 

This is also my first pc build as this i7-920 is my dad's old prebuilt.

Power consumption isn't a big deal so long as it stays under 1000w of course , and form factor preferrably atx , i like having great expansion and I/O.

That's a good cpu (the w3670), you should be able to pair a good x58 motherboard with it, idk about overclocking

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

yeah I am a bit reluctant yo buying such an old mobo at such a high premium though...

I was thinking an e5-1650 and a cheap x79 mobo from huanan